Good wireless LAN router?

Looking for a router that has a good coverage wireless LAN network. So if internet drops while I'm watching a movie on my laptop that is streamed from my desktop, it doesn't drop (this is just an example). Having internet is good but if it drops, I need the LAN features to stay flawless.

Will mostly be used in open spaces with a very high ceiling (30')

Was looking at the Google Mesh but the reviews are saying the specific feature that I mentioned above, will fail. Any recommendations?

I'm using this for work so I need it to be reliable.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 74  Zyxel Employee
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Kekegenkai

Welcome to Zyxel Community!

Thanks for sharing such clear example of the topology you want to deploy.

You can consider Zyxel WAX610D which has dual-optimized antenna provides wall-/ceiling mounting modes, you can configure as ceiling mounting that the coverage will be wider to fit in your deployment.

WAX610D standard is 802.11ax that the capability is higher to provide high quality of wireless network and has LAN port provides device internet traffic from wired.

If you want to extend the wireless coverage in the future, Zyxel APs support mesh feature with easy configurations. Hope the features could help you accomplish your ideal scenario. 

Regards,

Bella

Sign In to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click on this button!