Behind the Scenes of Nebula Together Development - Justin Lin

Options
TARA
TARA Posts: 89  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited October 2022 in Success Stories

How long have you been at Zyxel?

I've been working in Zyxel for 15 years. Now, I am a Product Line Manager and primarily look after Commercial Firewall in Security team. My role is to lead product strategy and technical roadmap, drive execution planning in collaboration, and identify new opportunities to expand network security business.

What projects are you currently excited about?

I am excited to share that ATP Firewall series is now on our signature Nebula as the most comprehensive cloud networking solution for SMBs and MSPs. Zyxel provides a centralized provisioning security policy to the remote workforce from Nebula and traffic shaping eliminates the network bottleneck to fuel the best business productivity.

What do you like most about working at Zyxel?

I enjoy opportunities to travel with my jobs to meet with clients within the industry, or attend a trade show training seminars. Getting to see what other vendors’ strategy and meet clients in person, I will get a better idea of what they need from our business. Without work trips, I doubt I would have experienced the largest and most internationally representative computer expo – CeBIT.

How has your career grown since starting with the company? What’s something you’ve done during your time in Zyxel that you’re proud of?

I started my career in Zyxel in 2006, as a Product Marketing Manager, build a go-to-market strategy to execute a successful product release and deliver ZyAcademy training program that support an effective and motivated sales. In the earlier days of my Zyxel career, I made the move from product marketing to product manager to develop the first UTM Firewall – ZyWall 1050 in the market. This is where I gained a deeper understanding of security gateway market positioning. After that, I work with sales team as a Regional sales director to analyze gross profit achievements, identify new markets, and pitch prospective customers, resulting in the company’s expansion in the education industry. Now, I am a Product Line Manager and primarily look after Commercial Firewall in Security team.

Given your experience, what advice would you give to someone considering a career in Product Line Manager?

Presentation skills. Being well prepared for the presentation is the best way to overcome stress and anxiety, and gives you the best chance to respond tough questions. Like it or not, presenting and public speaking are vital skills for a product line manager.

What do you like to do outside the office?

Cycling and running have been my hobby for almost three years now and I've made a lot of improvements since then. Before, I could barely reach an hour training ride with Zyxel bike club but now I can go well beyond a 100km and ultimately fall in love with mountain biking. To keep progressing and improving my fitness during the COVID-19 pandemic, I do a 60-minute bike ride alone three times a week at a minimum.

Do you have any secret talents?

I used to play the piano as a child but I forget it all now.

What’s your bucket list

Trek to Everest base camp and cycling up to Mount Wuling in Taiwan