Which Zyxel Products best for VPN ?

josephcsw
josephcsw Posts: 4  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I like to have 25 remote sites to be configured with VPN IPSec Tunneling (site to site) back to my office.
I am still wondering which combination of Zyxel (USG or Zywall) products suitable for my VPN case here.  

1. Can I have all 25 remote sites using Zyxel USG20-VPN and my office with Zyxel Zywall 110 ?

2. Can I have all 25 remote sites using Zyxel USG20-VPN and my office with Zyxel USG 110 ?

Which is the best solution for my VPN and for best performance. Assuming my remote site is using VDSL 30Mbps and my office using VDSL 100Mbps broadband line.

Comments

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello josephcsw,
    As your request, if your topology is like below picture, the USG models you mentioned are suitable in you scenario. 

The Max. concurrent IPsec VPN tunnels of USG110 and zywall110 is 100 tunnels, and USG20 VPN is 10 tunnels. The total VPN throughput (Mbps) of USG110 and zywall110 is 400Mbps, and USG20 VPN is 90 Mbps.
    More details you can check datasheet, here is link.
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/USG110/datasheet/USG110_11.pdf
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/USG20-VPN/datasheet/USG20-VPN_6.pdf
    Charlie

• josephcsw
    josephcsw Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Yes...that's the topology we intended to implement but after i read from here :-

https://www.zyxel.com/us/en/promotions/ZyWALL-Series-or-USG-Series--Which-Is-for-You--20130910-797138.shtml

and notice that Zywall 110 provide Ultra-fast VPN connectivity.  So I have doubt which model to get for my office with VDSL 100Mbps.  Should i get USG 110 or Zywall 110 whereby my main consideration is the file transfer speed between remote sites office and my office.

OR both will do the trick without sacrifice the performance of file transfer, any advise ? 

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello josephcsw,

This two models VPN performance are same, the only different is UTM service. USG110 Key feature is UTM Service (AV, AS, CF, IDP/APP)  and ZyWALL 110 key feature is VPN Firewall. It depends on what you need, if you care VPN more than UTM, then I suggest you purchase ZyWALL;If you would like to have UTM service, then you should purchase USG110.

Charlie

Security Highlight