Problems with media server on VMG8825-B50B

Options
Tremors
Tremors Posts: 7  Freshman Member
edited January 2019 in Smart Home Product
On this router I connect a USB HDD with many media files (music, videos, pictures) and I'm currently sharing the folders without issues through the USB file sharing settings. I can see folders and all files as smb:\\ path on several devices within the network (i.e. Kodi on my TV Box).
If I activate the Media Server feature on the router, I can see it as available library on Windows Media Player, but the files that I can play are just the ones contained on the root path. All the mp3s divided and ordered by different folders per genre and artist are invisible. The same happens when I access the media server on a network player.
Is anyone experiencing the same? How to fix this?

#CPE_Jan_2019

Comments

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi Tremors,

What’s your VMG8825 firmware version?
    Have you checked the Media Library Path? You may need to enter the current path for access.

• Tremors
    Options
    Hi AAAAL.
    The firmware is V5.13(ABLZ.0)b10_20180319.
    I cannot change the path but the Media Server is visible on the WIndows Player, also the files on the root folder are visible anyway. I don't understand why the files included in the inner folders are not available (music, videos, etc.)

• AAAAL
    Options

Hi Tremors,

Have you tried to add a path on your Windows Media Player?
    If we create a library location in server side, those videos can be played or not?
  • Tremors
    Options
    I tried to add the path to my music on the external hdd, but I get the following message:
    "The path has been added to the library, but it cannot be shared."
  • AAAAL
    Options

Hi Tremors,

Is this a single case on your HDD? What’s the result with the other USB shared?

• Marco74
    Marco74 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options

Hi Tremors, i've the same problem. Did you resolved it?

Consumer Product Help Center