SBG3300 - receive IPSec no corresponding tunnel exists

jeffjohn1941
jeffjohn1941 Posts: 71  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited June 2019 in Smart Home Product
Difficult to be explicit about this, but would appreciate any guidance.
My Site-to-site IPSEC VPN between uk office and branch (in France) no longer shows a VPN connection on the home SBG3300 status window. Connection (and Ping) does not function and Fr branch ZyWall shows caption above (receive IPSec ; no tunnel..) . The Zywall shows everything working, and accesses uk servers and pings without problems, but there is no reciprocal connection.
The setup  has previously worked reciprocally over  a few years, or more..I have 'Nailedup' and DPD on both devices.
Any previous experiences or suggestions most welcome!
Thanks Jeff Purcell

#SP_Jun_2019
Jeff J Purcell, New Forest, Uk and France, 44290

Accepted Solution

• jeffjohn1941
    Answer ✓
    Bob! thanks for your interest. Amazing...Zywall rebooted, apparently, and today everything works! Full VPN exchange.   Well that doesn't happen often, so fingers crossed!!  jeff

All Replies

• bbb
    bbb Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    Hello, 

Two questions here: 
    1. What is the firmware of your SBG3300?
    2. Which Zywall model is in the French branch?
    I might have to test a bit and discuss with my colleagues before any further comments.
  • jeffjohn1941
    thanks for your interest.  All was well until I rebooted SBG3300. The VPN Status disappeared and remote access to Zywall5 was not available. Checking via Teamviewer, access from Zywall5 to SBG3300 (v1.01/AADY.9) was fine. The f/ware is unchanged at both ends.  Some feature is making the link unstable. It happened once before and I activated KeepAlive and it re-established the links. However, on recently rebooting it failed.  Could it be something to do with SA timeouts?
  • bbb
    bbb Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    Hi Jeff, 

I'm sorry but there is no Zywall5 from the product portfolio. Do you mean USG Zywall 50?
    Also, could you please share the firmware version of the Zywall?
    I would try to set up the same test scenario as yours and test it. Meanwhile, about the SA timeout, do you have any logs on either the Zywall or the SBG side for reference?

Thank you.

Bob
  • jeffjohn1941
    thanks for your interest and support Bob, but I've received some medical news that keeps me out of action for quite a while; I'll get back to this when back home in 6-8 weeks.
    p.s. ZyWall  5 is now well out of date or support.
    thanks, Jeff
  • jeffjohn1941
    Answer ✓
    Bob! thanks for your interest. Amazing...Zywall rebooted, apparently, and today everything works! Full VPN exchange.   Well that doesn't happen often, so fingers crossed!!  jeff

Consumer Product Help Center