Multy Plus ethernet port assignment to wlan

Options
Speedwagon
Speedwagon Posts: 14  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
edited January 2020 in Multy WiFi System
Someting I deeply miss with my new Multy Plus is the ability to assign the ethernet ports of a Multy to any of the 3 wifi network present.
Now all ethernet ports will be on the same network as the Admin wifi. (default 192.168.212.x) So the company  servers and PC's are actually on a network segment accessible for any guest in the customers area that have an ethernet cable to plug into the Multy located here.
From a security perspective this is absolutly horrendous. The company servers beeing on the admin network are now ready to be hacked. The AiShield protection is bypassed, and there is nothing to be done about it. A big security breach for customers using Multi Plus in a small business environment.
So please, update the firmware and add ability to assign ethernet ports to the empoyee wifi or customer wifi rather than put them all in the admin-zone wifi. Or better than nothing: Let only the ehernet ports on the primary Multy be assigned to the admin network segment.

PS: Please make a tag for Multy Plus. There are only tags for Multi X and Multy U

#MultyPlus_Jan_2020

Comments

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Dear Sir,

If user has a concern about the node be hacked via the Ethernet connection, Plus has provided 5 different ways to mount on the pubic area, prevent someone connect to the Ethernet Port on Multy Plus, please refer to the Multy Plus website for the mounts, here.
    For now, the Guest and Visitor network only works on WiFi connection.

According to your other post, we will add the Ethernet Port disable feature to our feature list, and we will discuss it internally.
    Thanks for your advice for Multy Plus, we are very appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • Speedwagon
    Speedwagon Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the answer.
    This issue is rather important to me.
    An ethernet disable feature would be nice to have. An opportunity to assign Ethernet ports to different wlan would be much better. Why? Well, the Multy has a fast backhaul and some equipment, even these days, does not have anything else than a 100 or 1000 Mbit/s Ethernet port.

A television decoder box in the customer area has coax input. To stream from internet and to start current programme from the beginning, to rent films and so one, there is a need for an internet connection. Well, the decoder have no wifi, only an Ethernet port. The Ethernet port on the Multy is connected to the admin network.  There is no way I will let anyone in that area use this port, if it cannot be assigned to anything else than the admin segment.

Better they get irritated than I got hacked.
    Now my only option is to hide the Multy.

Next: If firmware support disabling Ethernet ports, I do not need to hide the Multy.
    Best firmware: Support for individual assignment of ports to whatever wlan your customers prefers. Or at least assigning of every port on every secondary to anything but the admin wlan.

I might ask for much, but I bet your customers would love this functionality. And You love customers that love your products? Right? :)

Please see what can be done.....
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Dear Sir,
    If there is any news about the Disable Ethernet port feature, we will post the updates on below discussion. 
    Is there a way to disable ethernet ports in a Multy Plus?

Consumer Product Help Center