NAS326: Installed bad new hard drive, now beeping and can't access old drives

Emerald Dragon
Emerald Dragon Posts: 118  Ally Member
First Anniversary
I just go myself a brand swanky new 12TB hard drive (1 of 2) today and tried to installed it as a brand new drive. I took the old drives that was on the RAID1 out and figured the new hard drive can be configured as new. But my NAS326 didn't recognized the new hard drive and come to find out it was bad (cracking loud noise and everything).

Long story short, I tried to put everything back and all I could hear is beeping consistently. And I cannot access anything. Can someone help me solved this problem? I am also, unable to login. I have even did the factory reset and nothing works. Please help.

All Replies

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Even reset button not working?
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    Nope, it doesn't work. At least when I tried it, it didn't.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Does it also beep if you power it up without disks?
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    Yeah, I think so.
  • Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    What a bummer... maybe you should go RMA since it seems not just software issue now.
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    @Hanamichi It's not the new hard drive I am having problems with. I already returned it. This is with my original hard drives that I had installed and was working. Now it's not.
  • Mijzelf
    Yes, but without harddisks, and after a factory reset, all you have left is the box itself with stock firmware. So if it beeps then, the problem is in the box itself. Maybe some power circuit blown by the disk?
    BTW, you are aware that for a full factory reset you have to wait until the box is booted, and then press the button for about 20 seconds? Normally I'd say keep it pressed until it has beeped 3 times, but if it's constantly beeping that won't work.
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    Yes, I am aware. The constantly beeping comes later after it was on for about 2 or 3 minutes maybe more.

I hopes the circuit wasn't blown.
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    I'll be darns, It didn't beeps without the hard drive in. I was able to reset the admin password. Hopefully I can put back the hard drive and it will mount ok.

EDIT: Well looks like the one of the hard drive won't load correctly, and I can't log in to admin it.

EDIT 2: How the heck did my files got corrupted. I just attached my hard drive to an external encasement and this is what I see.  
  • Mijzelf
    That's not necessarily corrupted.  I think you see the 3 partitions, which are all raid members. So as long as the array's aren't assembled, they cannot be mounted.
    EDIT: Well looks like the one of the hard drive won't load correctly,
    The other does?

Consumer Product Help Center