NSG200 (and NSG300) - Throughput issue??

Marcolz
Marcolz Posts: 8
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi Guys!

I've just installed a NGR200 in my network.
WAN1 is a FTTH 1GB, WAN2 is a FTTH 1GB.

Previously I had a CISCO 345P and I could achive a throughput of 950MBs (speedtest.net)
Now, I cannot exceed 720MBs. I tried all the possible configuration...
I purchased this Firewall because it was mentioned that the max throughput (firewall active) is 1,2GB...

Is there anthing that I'm missing???

Thanks for help!!!

Marco

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Please be aware there is the asterisk and the footer in datasheet, 1.2Gbps is the UDP throughput the TCP is at least 500Mbps, your test result is much better than that.
    If you expect to GB throughput then NSG300 can fulfill this, but it's depends on the scenario if there is not much users or particular service requirement in your environment then maybe NSG200 is enough.

Chris
  • Marcolz
    edited January 2021
    Thank you Chris!

I'm moving this site to NSG300 (to get more TCP firewall throughput). The NSG200 will be moved to another site with less bandwidth.
  • Marcolz
    edited January 2021
    Please be aware there is the asterisk and the footer in datasheet, 1.2Gbps is the UDP throughput the TCP is at least 500Mbps, your test result is much better than that.
    If you expect to GB throughput then NSG300 can fulfill this, but it's depends on the scenario if there is not much users or particular service requirement in your environment then maybe NSG200 is enough.

I moved this site to NSG300, but I'm getting GB throughput (in my case 940MB) only with Content Filter and Intrusion Detection/Prevention activated.
    If I'm activating also Antivirus and/or Application Patrol, IP throughput is between 560 and 650 MB.
    I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, even if Nebula configuration is quite simple.
    Honestly, I was expecting no throughput issues wiith NSG300, in all my possible scenarios ....

Nebula Tips & Tricks