GS1200-8HP v2 loop detection

Passain
Passain Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi,
I got a brand new switch and when I plug it into a computer, it works just fine.  But if I plug it to GS1920-24 or GS1900-24E, it complaints loop detected even when I have only these two connected to it.  Is it broken?  I can disable the loop detection but does not really make any sense to do it.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Passain,

What firmware version are you using? 
    Did you try both Loop Prevention and Detection? Are these two modes detect switches when plug into GS1200?

I have a local test using firmware V2.00(ABMF)C0 and connect both GS1920-24 and GS1900-24E, but I don't see the same issue.

Adam
    Adam
  • Passain
    Hi

I was in an older firmware initially (V1.00(ABMF.3)C0 maybe, not sure anymore).  When it seem to fail, I update it to V1.00(ABMF.4)C0, which seems to be the latest publicly available and it made no difference.  I turned the setting from prevent to detect and now I cannot make it fail anymore even with the prevent setting?!?  Weird.

• Zyxel_Adam
    Hi @Passain,

Thanks for the reply, 

I've tried all the version from V1.00(ABMF.3)C0 to V2.00(ABMF.0)C0 without seeing the issue you described. 

Good to hear that the problem is not exist now.

The new version 2.00 is published recently, you may visit the following link to check it:
    https://www.zyxel.com/support/SupportLandingSR.shtml?c=gb&l=en&kb=M-02895&md=GS1200-8HP v2

Adam
    Adam
  • Passain
    Trying to set management IP to 10.42.0.10/255.255.255.0 on this new firmware but I get IP address is invalid, why?
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Hi @Passain ,

Sorry for your inconvenience,

We've posted a hotfix firmware version to fix the issue of failing to apply 10.0.0.0 subnet.
    Please check the following link for the detail:
    https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/9591/fixed-gs1200-8-8hpv2-management-ip-address-issue#latest
    Adam