Zyxel NSA325v2 USB drive availability/mount

13»

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    now I can't access my previous folders anymore;

Goto the shares menu, and re-enable them.

I am trying to recover the info with easeus data recovery, but is it not any way to access previous files and folders?
    You are talking about the external usb disks? They shouldn't need recovery. If you only resetted the NAS they are fine. Any Linux box should be able to read them. Boot you PC from a Linux Live USB stick, and you can access the data. (As can the NAS, you 'only' have to tell it to share the data)
  • Kind of strange, because first I did is to boot from a ubuntu live usb and disk wasn't recognized (that's why I tried to recover it through software); then I realized I could try to see if they were there with winscp.

They were; the problem was that I switched disk 1 and disk 2; then the NAS made new shares (but they were empty, logically). Changed disks and they are there again. Sorry for being so slow.

A question: is there any way to edit "shares" with ssh, and not with frontend? 
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Kind of strange, because first I did is to boot from a ubuntu live usb and disk wasn't recognized
    That's strange indeed. We are talking about external disks, right? Could powering be an issue?
    is there any way to edit "shares" with ssh, and not with frontend? 
    There is a way to temporary edit it. Just edit /etc/samba/smb.conf, and restart samba:

/etc/init.d/samba.sh restart

This won't survive a reboot, and any action regarding samba in the webinterface will revert it. A more permanent edit is hard, as the firmware keeps it's own database of client settings, and generated smb.conf on the fly.
    You can find the settings in /etc/zyxel/. They are stored in several files with different syntaxes.
  • Mijzelf said:
    Kind of strange, because first I did is to boot from a ubuntu live usb and disk wasn't recognized
    That's strange indeed. We are talking about external disks, right? Could powering be an issue?
    is there any way to edit "shares" with ssh, and not with frontend? 
    There is a way to temporary edit it. Just edit /etc/samba/smb.conf, and restart samba:

/etc/init.d/samba.sh restart

This won't survive a reboot, and any action regarding samba in the webinterface will revert it. A more permanent edit is hard, as the firmware keeps it's own database of client settings, and generated smb.conf on the fly.
    You can find the settings in /etc/zyxel/. They are stored in several files with different syntaxes.
    I don't think I have any powering issue; maybe, as I used an external usb reader, it remains unseen (but I used it with every kind of disk before and I didn't have any problem).

This method won't work for me, I am afraid (not skilled enough); my original problem is still there: the external WD unit, now connected in the frontal usb, doesn't appear until I enter the "shares" page through zyxel config. Then it appears and keeps this way until I reboot.

Letting the NAS on is not an option, as it is in my dorm room.

Consumer Product Help Center