USG110 traffic data about internal users

Martin_Kuchar
Martin_Kuchar Posts: 38  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
On our USG, we need to know, which user from internal LAN (behind Zyxel NAT) transferred data and how much to and from internet. The stats in daily "Report" have section "Interface Traffic Statistics - lan1", but the numbers for Rx and Tx including internal LAN traffic (AFAIK).
All traffic details are in the "traffic log", but of course without any summaries. Is there any way how to see in USG detailed traffic statistics for each internal IP address?

All Replies

• jasailafan
    jasailafan Posts: 189  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2021
    How about using the cloud-based log system "SecuReporter"? It should contain more detailed information of traffic.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Martin_Kuchar

You can navigate the Web GUI path: Monitor > Traffic Statistics to see the client behind your firewall NAT.

• Martin_Kuchar

Hi @Martin_Kuchar

You can navigate the Web GUI path: Monitor > Traffic Statistics to see the client behind your firewall NAT.

---
    This statistics dont give me the needed data. I see, that internal PC with IP 192.168.1.33 received 273MB, but do not see from which IP address. And, by the way, as far as i know this number is INCLUDING internal traffic (LAN to LAN).

• Martin_Kuchar
    How about using the cloud-based log system "SecuReporter"? It should contain more detailed information of traffic.
    ---
    SecuReporter is for us last choice, because of the price and giving all traffic data to third party. By the way, is possible to get SecuReporter Trial and load old logs from USB Flash to SR?
  • Zyxel_Tobias
    Zyxel_Tobias Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Martin_Kuchar

SecuReporter have 30 Days Trial, you can enable it from myzyxel.com

USB Logs can´t import into SecuReporter, so need to wait that this tool fill up to the values.

Kind Regards,

Tobias
  • Martin_Kuchar
    Hi @Martin_Kuchar

USB Logs can´t import into SecuReporter, so need to wait that this tool fill up to the values.

Thank you for the answer, Tobias.

Anybody know about other possibility how to parse Zyxel USG traffic logs? I mean final solution. I can create my own parser and grapher, but this is too much work. Existing solution will be nice..

Security Highlight