My first experience with nebula

Options
Kakashi
Kakashi Posts: 2
Im not sure if this really belongs on the subreddit, but as i don't really know where else i would put this, id like to put this here.

I was watching real engineering and came across nebula and wanted to check it out, and the first thing i noticed was the lack of preview of the content i would receive after paying, I knew vaguely what would be on the site, but had no way of knowing what i was getting into.

the next thing i noticed was that the UI took some getting used to, but all in all wasn't that bad, (I would like dark theme though XD)

the next thing i noticed was there were actually a lot more content creators on there then i expected, ones that I already knew that uploaded also to youtube, like hello future me and isaac arthur, this made me very happy, and i might start watching their videos on nebula, however that brings me to the next point.

there is no way of interacting with the creators on the platform(that i have seen yet) and i can't see view counts on videos, nor can i see the follower count of creators.

seeing as nebula is a youtube substitute, it needs to rival youtubes convenience, which means lots of quality of life, for example, I wanted to see if there were anything I could change, but there were no settings to personalize the site, all that i could find was a way of canceling my subscription.

I would personally love to see a platform that can give more accurate, unbiased content because it is away from googles algorithms, and will continue to use the platform, at least while it provides content that I cannot get on youtube because of their algorithm, however, it is not very user friendly right out the gates.

another thing that i could not see, (though if there are reasons not to allow other users to upload to the site then disregard this) is a way to upload to the site, if i had content I wanted to upload, I understand that there could be many reasons why it would intentionally not there, however, if there is no specific reason for that, then it would be nice for there to be a way to upload to the platform, to contribute to its usage, and growth.

All Replies

• ivessm
    ivessm Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    Yeah, what's this guy smoking?
  • Kakashi
    Kakashi Posts: 2
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Kakashi said:
    Im not sure if this really belongs on the subreddit, but as i don't really know where else i would put this, id like to put this here.

I was watching real engineering and came across nebula and wanted to check it out, and the first thing i noticed was the lack of preview of the content i would receive after paying, I knew vaguely what would be on the site, but had no way of knowing what i was getting into.

the next thing i noticed was that the UI took some getting used to, but all in all wasn't that bad, (I would like dark theme though XD)

the next thing i noticed was there were actually a lot more content creators on there then i expected, ones that I already knew that uploaded also to youtube, like hello future me and isaac arthur, this made me very happy, and i might start watching their videos on nebula, however that brings me to the next point.

there is no way of interacting with the creators on the platform(that i have seen yet) and i can't see view counts on videos, nor can i see the follower count of creators.

seeing as nebula is a youtube substitute, it needs to rival youtubes convenience, which means lots of quality of life, for example, I wanted to see if there were anything I could change, but there were no settings to personalize the site, all that i could find was a way of canceling my subscription.

I would personally love to see a platform that can give more accurate, unbiased content because it is away from googles algorithms, and will continue to use the platform, at least while it provides content that I cannot get on youtube because of their algorithm, however, it is not very user friendly right out the gates.

another thing that i could not see, (though if there are reasons not to allow other users to upload to the site then disregard this) is a way to upload to the site, if i had content I wanted to upload, I understand that there could be many reasons why it would intentionally not there, however, if there is no specific reason for that, then it would be nice for there to be a way to upload to the platform, to contribute to its usage, and growth.

I Just need a Suggestion thats all.
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 339  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Kakashi,

May we know that if you posted your words on the wrong platform?
    This forum is the place for people to have a discussion regarding Zyxel Nebula Cloud Networking.

Adam

Nebula Tips & Tricks