Options
124»

All Replies

• Tomalamix
    Tomalamix Posts: 54  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    yes, here it goes the ZYPKGS file content:

Package: MetaRepositoryVersion: 20181001zypkg015Description: MetaRepository for zypkgs.Depends: Size: 184320Installed-Size: 491520Architecture: armZy-Model: allIsBuiltin: NFilename: MetaRepository_20181001_arm_015.zpkgMD5SUM: 62687de76004443c3f498ae0b4cbc154

There are no other files/folders in 
    \admin\zy-pkgs\ , I've erased everything, i don't have a MetaRepository folder
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK, that ZYPKGS file is expected, that is the file downloaded from diskstation.eu. 
    i've put the web_prefix file in \admin\zy-pkgs folder and deleted the rest of the files. Now the ZYPKGS that appears is dated from 2018, but the applications tab is empty.

Applications tab is packages tab, I guess? As far as I remember it shouldn't be empty. It should show all installed packages, together with MetaRepository, as possible install.

I've never seen the "Retrieve List From Internet" greyed out, but I know that could happen on the Medion ST212 (same firmware family, roughly v3.x), and I *think* then the package manager crashed when trying to populate the packages tab.

Which means the internal package database is probably broken. Do you have any packages installed? Do you mind loosing them?

My next attempt would be to remove the web_prefix, rename /i-data/md0/.system/zy-pkgs/zypkg_conf, and reboot the box. The package manager should start over without database. Try to install some stock package (the ssh package is extremely handy), check if a new zypkg_conf is created, and if it looks healthy. Reboot the box to see if the package is still installed, and if everything is OK, try the web_prefix again.

• Tomalamix
    Tomalamix Posts: 54  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    Mijzelf said:
    OK, that ZYPKGS file is expected, that is the file downloaded from diskstation.eu. 
    i've put the web_prefix file in \admin\zy-pkgs folder and deleted the rest of the files. Now the ZYPKGS that appears is dated from 2018, but the applications tab is empty.

Applications tab is packages tab, I guess? As far as I remember it shouldn't be empty. It should show all installed packages, together with MetaRepository, as possible install.

Yes, the applications tab is the packages tab, you're right, but inside everything is gone and even the "Retrieve list from Internet" green button is grayed out.
    Mijzelf said:
    I've never seen the "Retrieve List From Internet" greyed out, but I know that could happen on the Medion ST212 (same firmware family, roughly v3.x), and I *think* then the package manager crashed when trying to populate the packages tab.

Which means the internal package database is probably broken. Do you have any packages installed? Do you mind loosing them?

Nop, not at all, as long as my data stays in the HDD everything is fine for me, I'll just need to install the applications again, no problem

Mijzelf said:
    My next attempt would be to remove the web_prefix, rename /i-data/md0/.system/zy-pkgs/zypkg_conf, and reboot the box. The package manager should start over without database. Try to install some stock package (the ssh package is extremely handy), check if a new zypkg_conf is created, and if it looks healthy. Reboot the box to see if the package is still installed, and if everything is OK, try the web_prefix again.

Well, done all that, everything was looking good and applied the web_prefix file again, installed the new Metarepository and now I have several apps available including info about the source (Repo: ZyXEL) and (Repo: Mijzelf)

I think its all done, at least for me it was a real struggle :)

Thank you so much for guiding me untying this thing up, I would not able to do it alone, I'm really sure about that! 

I Have another issue but I'll open another topic for that one. Thank you again!
  • Mich
    Mich Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Mijzelf,

can you add Transmission? Thank you

Consumer Product Help Center