Facebook wifi

Langhard
Langhard Posts: 5
First Anniversary First Comment
edited November 2021 in Security
Hi

I'm one of those how use zyxel USG firewalls and ubiquiti wireless APs together.
But im having problem using these together with Facebook Wifi at a Gym client of mine.
 I want to activate Facebook Wifi at the guest Wifi not the staff wifi. But when i look thruu the settings at USG60 firewall i can only see its ether on or off not to choose what vlan or networkits activated on. and when i look in the unifi controller i cant even activate it becouse im not using Unifi gateway.

Does enyone know how to solve this?

/Joakim

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• zyman2008
    zyman2008 Posts: 197  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Langhard,
    Refer this article, https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360002868300-USG-Series-Facebook-WiFi-Login

Follow the steps. In step 1-5 to add a web authentication policy for guest interface.
    - Incoming Interface: select your guest interface
    - Enable "Force User Authentication"
    - Authentication Type: select "facebook-wifi"

• Tnx alot Zyman2008.
  • Langhard
    Langhard Posts: 5
    edited November 2021
    A smal question, should i remove the pass on the unifi wifi?
    And if. on the unifi do i choose the external portal server as an authentication typ and set the usg, in this case, guest net 192.168.6.1, as portal ip?
  • zyman2008
    Langhard,
    It's depends.
    If you want facebook wifi or guest portal control on unifi. Then disable web authentication on USG.
    If you want facebook wifi or guest portal control on USG. Then disable facebook wifi / portal on unifi.

You can choice enable on unifi or USG for different SSID. But don't enable both for the same SSID.
    And USG is not a web server you can upload web contents on it.
    So that it's not possible as a external portal server for unifi.
  • Nakyll
    Nakyll Posts: 10
    Hello, when i enable Web Auth for redirect My Vlan10 ips to force webauth i got rejected traffic from vlan10 (ip) to any in logs , where is the problem , i can't finde it
  • zyman2008
    That's just logs of traffic blocked before the authentication pass.
    From my point of view. The logs more like for debug to check if the authentication policy hit or not.
    You can disable the "Web Authentication" log category in log settings.

The user login/logout logs is belong to "User" log category.

• Nakyll
    Nakyll Posts: 10
    I have no answare from Web Auth... I tryed also on a VPN20 same results. I used a clean Lan 2 with Dhcp .. (no vlan at this time) enabled fb wifi paired the page enabled web auth and built the policy trom lan 2 to any  force fb auth....  etc but no redirect on the captive .... i've same issue on usg110 and this one ..... where is the problem?

Security Highlight