NSA325 RAID1 disk replacement

Options
2»

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    I think a 325 can do 30-50MB/sec while recovering. So that will be 6-10 hours per TB.
  • seniorsamu
    Options
    One more question though. The new volume has a different name from the original. I still have all the shares from the original setup not pointing to nowhere. I failed to remove them from the webui shares screen (Delete share). Is there a way to get rid of them? I found the definitions in /etc/zyxel/conf/startup-config.conf and also in startup-config.conf.xml. Is it safe to remove them from these config files? Will it remove them?  (I want to reuse the share names and as it is now, I cannot)
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    Do you have a reason not to do a factory reset?
  • seniorsamu
    Options
    I guess I could do that. Othar than the passwords no information would be lost.
  • seniorsamu
    Options
    I assume, the data in the RAID1 is kept across factory reset.
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    I assume, the data in the RAID1 is kept across factory reset.
    Your assumption is right.
  • seniorsamu
    Options
    It turned out, there was no need to factory reset the system. I misunderstood the share deletion options and assumed that the first option (I only want to disable ...) is for deleting the share without deleting the underlying file structure, whereas the second (I want to permanently delete ...) is to delete the share and the file structure as well. Since there was no filestructure to be kept (the old shares pointed to nonexistent folders), I saw no risk trying to do the permanent deletion and it actually was working as expected. 
    Now, everything looks and works as I intended. 

Thanks for all the help and information!

Consumer Product Help Center