[NEBULA] content filtering

roy
roy Posts: 19  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
I set firewall rule to allow all, and made content filter some FQDN web address, but the blocked addresses still shown in browser. I expected the users receive "Web access is restricted. Please contact the administrator." message, but I didn't.
Could someone who experienced this before advise me how?

And I enabled some content filtering template, how can I know if it is working to filter some sites I didn't want?

Best Answers

• roy
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

I wrote mail to their support center, they said it is a bug and going to fix it now. Thank you very much for everything you

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @roy
    Welcome to Nebula community!
    Can you please provide the screenshot of your setting?
    About the second question, you can use the "Test URL" in content filter, to test if the site is include to the templates you have selected.
    Chris
  • roy
    Hello,

Thank you for your help!

I checked my NSG50 firmware is up to date. Please check the images I attached. Is my setting correct?

• roy
    The TEST URL bottom is unusable when I input the html address.

How can I know if the content filter is working? 
  • roy
    Hello~

I set firewall rule allowed everything, and then set a content filter to block some categories and then made *.facebook.com in black list.

I tried www.facebook.com, but still able to see the web site. Does it mean the content filter didn't work?

• roy
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

I wrote mail to their support center, they said it is a bug and going to fix it now. Thank you very much for everything you
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2018
    Dear All,
    We have found there is a issue on Content Filtering of NSG50 (block HTTPS website) and we'll fixed this issue on next firmware release in December.
    Anyone who has encounter this issue, we have the workaround you can contact us for help.  :+1:

Chris

Nebula Tips & Tricks