How use Midnight Commander in NAS326

Kunzite
Kunzite Posts: 7  Freshman Member
edited February 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hello.
I installed 3th party repository for ZyXEL and I installed MC. But when I use telnet terminal and start mc that I cannot use keyboard to move between folders, arrows write letter 'A', 'D' etc, functions key don't working too. Only TAB working good. What I need to do?

#NAS_Feb_2020

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    That is a terminal issue. I think your telnet client doesn't properly pass it's type. You can try to start mc this way:

TERM=xterm mc

Or try ssh instead of telnet. (Which is better anyway)

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    That is a terminal issue. I think your telnet client doesn't properly pass it's type. You can try to start mc this way:

TERM=xterm mc

Or try ssh instead of telnet. (Which is better anyway)
  • Kunzite
    Kunzite Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    It's great. Thank you very much.
  • Hi, I am using putty with about 25 Servers from opensuse 13.2 to Leap 15.3 and debian and ubuntu and mc in all evironments (exactly the same putty configuration) has a dark blue background , fine white borders and all function keys and arrow keys are working fine - what has changed within NAS-542 mc ???? How can I fix it on servers side, not on putty ?
  • Mijzelf
    what has changed within NAS-542 mc

It's old. So maybe the real question is, what is changed in your 25 servers? I compiled that mc something like 10 years ago, and at the moment I have no copy at hand. Have you checked if it supports other color schemes in Options->Appearance?

Consumer Product Help Center