How do I connect my NWA210AX to the internet?

Chevelle
Chevelle Posts: 5
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
I've tried the option B standalone management, but those directions do not work. Is a PoE switch required just for connection? 1.1.1.1 gets me to cloud flare page but there is no configuration page available. Can anyone help, I can't be the first person with this issue. Thanks for help. 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2022

Hi @Chevelle

AP needs adapter to power up and uplink cable connect to your router/dhcp server for getting internet if you don’t have PoE switch.

To run AP in standalone mode, pressing reset on AP then AP will broadcast SSID Zyxel-xxxx by default. You can connect to the SSID and just type this URL in your browser http://setup.zyxel and it will lead you to the AP admin page. You have to enter default account: admin, password: 1234 to login local GUI.

Run ZON utility to get the information of AP’s IP address also could change the profile as you wish.

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/12598

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• Chevelle
    edited April 2022
    I have the AP working at this point, very good bandwidth with combined speeds of 4800+ which is good. I was able to 'finally' access the web-based sign in page and found the 'assigned' password at the Nebula general page' I had to read to find this out. 
  • Chevelle
    edited April 2022
    I have the AP working pretty well at this point. I did finally get into the web-based UI but it  required an auto generated password that was at the 'nebula general settings' page? It seems that the instruction page could have been arranged more differently to make things easier to understand. It was very confusing for a first-time user of this particular firmware. I might have started with setting up the nebula page first, then explained that the web-based UI loses most of it's functionality once the nebula page is set up. Should I assume that when the 30-day default un-paid limit for the Nebula interface runs out that the web-based interface will be functional again for setting up the wireless settings? A little confused on this. Thanks for the help so far Bella. 
  • Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Chevelle

It’s good to hear you could access and control the AP, thanks for the experience for improvement.

We will strengthen the guidelines to help new users easily setup the wireless network with our product.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella