Nebula Wifi Channel Settings not holding......

jpblanch75
jpblanch75 Posts: 98  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited November 2023 in Nebula
I am getting sick and tired of randomly seeing my WIFI Channels CHANGE from Manual to DCS!  I manually select the channels I want to use!  Please fix this!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi there,

Could you tell me more detail about symptom likes which channels did you choose for radio 2.4GHz and 5GHz, which you configured at first, when you found that the WIFI channels ware changed, how it displayed, etc?

Please enable Zyxel Support Access by going to Help >> Support request, we would like to help you check the site and logs to clarify this issue.

Thank in advance!

Judy

• jpblanch75
    There is no symptoms.   I'll manually set the channels and after some time I'll realize that I'm using different channels than I set.  When I go in the settings, The channels are now set to (DCS).
  • Zyxel_Judy

Hi there,

To configure the channel by manual, please go to Access point >> Configure >> Radio settings

Step 1: Scroll down to the end of page >> choose the AP >> Choose 2.4GHz/ 5GHz >> Click Edit

Step 2: Choose the channel, click Update

Step 3: Click Save

In the case you did follow the guide, however you still meet this issue, please enable Zyxel Support Access by going to Help >> Support request, we would like to help you check that.

Judy

• jpblanch75
    edited August 2022
    Yes I do that.  It just happened AGAIN.  I just set them back to where I want them.

Support access is enabled.
  • Zyxel_Judy

We accessed your site already. We will reply you once there is any update.

Judy

• jpblanch75
    edited September 2022
    I just restarted my Network and when the APs came back up they did it again!

So it appears that they don't hold their settings during a system reset like a power loss.
  • I have noticed a similar problem where NCC changes my 5GHz settings after a week or so - enables DCS as you are experiencing, and narrows the bandwidth from 160 to 80MHz.  I set it back and a few weeks later I will find it changed again.
  • jpblanch75
    Very annoying
  • Zyxel_Judy

Hi Customers,

Thank you for your patience!

We have found the symptom that looks like you mentioned already. We’ll fix the issue as soon as possible.

We'll inform you if there is any update there.

Judy

• Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    Hi there,

We are still checking your issue, however, it seems like the Zyxel Support function was closed after 21 days by default. Please help us enable again and choose "CSO account will be expired in:” as “Never” if you allow it.

By the way, if Nebula Wifi channel settings not holding again, please keep that setting and tell us, and then we could use the trouble shooting.

Thank in advance!

Nebula Tips & Tricks