Zyxel XS1930-12HP

Good afternoon dear ones.  I have a Zyxel XS1930-12HP and would like to change the internal fans.  Could you tell me the exact model of fans in this model.  Thanks

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Vasquez,

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    May I know why you want to change the internal fans?
    Is there any fan broken?

Zyxel Melen

• Vasquez
    Vasquez Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2022
    Hello friend. Yes, one fan began to make an unpleasant sound a little annoying, I want to install noctua, I know that the fan is 40mm and what is the exact model of those 3pins, how many volts and so on.ите свой комментарий
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @Vasquez,

Thanks for the information.

Kindly remind you that changing the fan by yourself, will lose the warranty eligibility.

May I know the firmware version you're using? Is it the latest firmware(4.70(ABQF.4)C0)?
    If not, could you upgrade to the latest firmware version?  Since we had fixed the fan noise on the latest firmware version.

In addition, could you check if the fan may be covered with dust?
    If yes, the unpleasant sound might be due to the dust. Could you clean and check again?

Zyxel Melen

• Vasquez
    Vasquez Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2022
    Hello dear. You say if I open it and try to replace the fan, the warranty will be lost. And then say if there is dust, then you need to clean it, then I need to open and remove it) and what to do? We do not have zyxel service centers in the country)). and the second question is not in the topic, I ordered 1 more of the same router and I want to connect it to the same network, I have a zyxel nebula license to control whether this license will apply to this router or do I need to buy a separate license for it? Thank you.
    P.S on the screenshot is the firmware version
  • Zyxel_Melen
    edited September 2022
    Hi @Vasquez,

I will PM you the detailed information about the switch fan, please follow the information to purchase or you may encounter some unexpected issue.

For your second question, if you mean the Pro/Plus pack license, you will need to 
    assign Pro/Plus pack license to all devices of your organization, so you can keep using Pro/Plus pack feature.

Zyxel Melen

• Hello…I have exactly the same issue with my XS1930-12HP, even though the switch is not running hot (PHY: 43oC, BOARD: 44oC, MAC:47oC) and the fan speed is only 3731rpm for each Fan, and CPU utlisation is low (6.27%) there is a very annoying constant noise coming out. I am running V4.80(ABQF.2) and there is no dust related issue.

Can I please get the details for replacing with proper Noctua fans? Apparentely Zyxel decided to use low quality fans on a £1k switch which I guess is not an issue for many if this goes in a switch room, but is an issue for me.

Thank you

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @VasMan,

According to our testing report, the sound when the fan speed is 3731rpm should be quiet. It seems like your XS1930-12HP might have a fan issue. Are you able to record a video and send it to me by private message so I can check the fan noise? Also, could you help to use the decibel meter app and place your smartphone at a horizontal distance of about 15 cm from the switch? Thanks in advance for your help.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 522  Zyxel Employee

Hi @VasMan

We'd like to inquire whether the fan noise was present right from the initial use of the switch or if it occurred after some time of usage.

Based on the video recording you provided, we suspect that the annoying noise may be due to a defective bearing in the fan. However, please be aware that if you change the fan yourself, you may lose eligibility for warranty coverage. Therefore, we recommend initiating the RMA process with your local reseller.

Kay

• I am afraid I cannot answer this accurately as the switch was initially located in a different location/room with other equipment which they were contributing to the noise. Now it has moved to its final location, and since it was moved the noise was always there.

I can start an RMA, but how will they know Zyxel is advising and confirming this must be a fan issue problem? Will you provide some Zyxel reference number?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 522  Zyxel Employee

Hi @VasMan

You can refer to the following guidelines based on your purchase location for your RMA request:

When submitting your request, please provide a detailed description of your situation in the form's description field. Additionally, consider attaching the link to this forum thread for added context. This information will assist our local support team in better understanding your case and providing the necessary assistance.

Kay