I-Phone 14 Issue in wifi enviroment

Options
Fred_77
Fred_77 Posts: 115  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
hi guys,
i'm wandering  around a issue with iphone14 in a wifi enviroment with an internal  MS Exchange Server.
This is the scenario:
Usg 310 is the AP controller and the DHCP server for Vlans.
Vlan33 (192.168.33.XXX) is the vlan with internal DNS Server 192.168.33.100 and LAN interface of MS Exchange Server 192.168.33.15
DNS resolves "mail.company.com" in 192.168.33.15.
Vlan 556 (192.168.56.XXX) is dedicated to the company smartphones.
DHCP assigns ip 192.168.56.XXX, DNS1 192.168.33.100; DNS2 8.8.8.8
Obviously related security policies are in place, so traffic from vlan556 to vlan33 (DNS server destination) and vlan556to vlan33 (MS Exchange Server destination) is allowed.
At the moment more than 40 iphone 7/8/X/11 are working well with mail server.
New Iphone 14 with the same configuration doesnt'work: no problem with internet, apps etc... but no mail (in/out).
i tried to swap dns 1 and dns 2 (8.8.8.8 resolves mail.company.com into public ip) but nothing is changed.
I repeated the configuration of mail client on the device but still not working. 
No more issue if switching off wifi on the device or if it is connected to anyother wifi outside the company. The same account on the old iphone7 works perfectly.

Any suggestion wil be appreciated.
Thanks 
Lorenzo

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    Options
    The certificate for mail.company.com also is valid for 192.168.33.15?
  • Fred_77
    Fred_77 Posts: 115  Ally Member
    Options
    Thank for your reply @mMontana

the mail server manager says that communication on the lan interface does not require encryption.
    He is investigating about your question..

... Just Thinking...
    But if the problem is the certificate, why the issue remains if i use 8.8.8.8 as DNS?
    And why anyother model is not afflicted?

Just for clarification, the mail server has the  wan interface on a different vlan (101) and the outgoing traffic from each vlan hat its own public ip address.

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 130  Ally Member
    Options
    try to capture packets on vlan556/vlan33 to check if the traffic send out or receive ?
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    Options
    @Fred_77 I currently don't know why the Apple devices is acting like that; if I knew, I'd told you what I did to solve it. But i wrote some questions I'd try to find answers.
    About the opinion of the mail manager: he/she/whatever (alphabetical order) has the right to think what wants, IMVHO if the encryption is set, unless diagnostic goal should be on all time. Take more time at beginning, solve a lot of headaches after.
    No error messages from iPhone 14 while not able to download data?

Security Highlight