secu extender macos ventura

Hello, I have a problem with a mac os ventura, the Secuextender software works during installation and no longer works when restarting the computer
The error message:

ZyWALL SecuExtender was unable to connect to its helper tool and must now quit. Please ensure that ZyWALL SecuExtender has been correctly installed and isn't being blocked by any network security software, and then reopen ZyWALL SecuExtender to try again.

Thanks

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @steeven

Welcome to the Zyxel community. Could try to uninstall  SecuExtender -> reboot mac device-> reinstall SecuExtender again to see whether is working for you? Thanks. 
  • steeven
    steeven Posts: 6
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited November 2022
    Hi @steeven

Welcome to the Zyxel community. Could try to uninstall  SecuExtender -> reboot mac device-> reinstall SecuExtender again to see whether is working for you? Thanks. 

Hello,
    Unfortunately I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and it still doesn't seem to work.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Hi @steeven

May I know which VPN type you use it? Is it IPsec VPN or SSL VPN? What is its software version?
    Maybe you can download our latest IPsec VPN client from this link. Thanks.

• Hello, thank you for your answer, I am currently using the latest version MACOS ventura and the latest version of Secuextender ssl (1.2.5)

Are there permissions to give on mac regarding secuextender?

Thanks in advance
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    edited November 2022
    Hi @steeven

Thanks for your feedback. You could follow this link1 and link2 to deploy the SSL VPN connection for Mac OS in your environment. If you still have a problem with this, please provide the error message of the screenshot to us. Thanks.
  • Hello,
    I just tried the software on another mac ventura and it works fine, but it still doesn't work on the original mac
    The error message remains the same:
    ZyWALL SecuExtender was unable to connect to its helper tool and must now quit. Please ensure that ZyWALL SecuExtender
     has been correctly installed and isn't being blocked by any network security software, and then reopen ZyWALL 
    SecuExtender to try again.
    Thanks in advance
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Hi @steeven

Could you share the screenshot of the error message with us? Thanks. 
  • Hi @Zyxel_Jeff , this is the screenshot :

• Zyxel_Jeff
    edited December 2022
    Hi @steeven

May I know what is your detailed version number(13.X.X) of Ventura for those two Mac devices respectively? Thanks.
  • Hello @Zyxel_Jeff, The version of Mac is 13.0.1
    Thanks a lot.

Security Highlight