My clients, mostly IOT devices are being disconnected daily NWA50AX

13»

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    I can agree with the goal.
    However: do these two devices have more occurrency of disconnection compared to others?
  • m7urt
    m7urt Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    10 Comments
    not really they all disconnect when it happens, I'm not concerned with the ones that are a great distance away, I'll sort that in time but the ones that are close and do have a medium or strong connection, why is it happening to them?
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    Different test(settings) might help to understand why, and what do for avoid that behaviour.
  • m7urt
    10 Comments
    all but one disconnected this morning ???
  • m7urt
    10 Comments
    a simple reboot and all connect again. Should i just put a timer on the plug to kill power for a couple of minutes each night?
  • Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 528  Zyxel Employee

According to our experience from other users, for some IoT devices, its WiFi capability and security support may not work well.  
    There are some settings that you can make some change to let your IoT devices connect more easily: 

Go to Nebula CC >> Access point >> SSID advanced settings,  

1. Set your security options to “WPA2”.

2. Make the SSID which your IoT devices connected, to 2.4GHz band only. 

3. Disable the 802.11k/v/r function.

If the settings above still can’t solve your problem, could you please provide your event log when your IoT devices get disconnection, or please help us to enable the Zyxel support at Help center >> Support request and provide us your organization/site name and time when disconnection occur, we will help you to do a further check. 

Kay 

Kay

• Downgrade back to firmware v6.25 then you go

Nebula Tips & Tricks