Mobile app doesn't appear to update

Reg
Reg Posts: 9
First Anniversary First Comment

I have installed the Nebula mobile app on two android devices. Both devices show the same number of connected clients. However, that number doesn't match what I see in the Nebula web application. Looking at my current data android app claims I have only 1 device connected but looking at the Nebula web app the clients show 16 devices. The mobile app does appear to be updating becuase if I unplug one of the LAN cables from the Flex200 the mobile app shows that port as ‘not connected’. Is this something I am doing wrong?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Reg,

Thanks for the information.

Could you share the screenshot that the client number on Android APP and Web GUI?

Could you help to enable Zyxel support access and provide your organization name so I can help to check?

Please go to Help Center > Support Request > Zyxel support access to enable and save. Many thanks.

Zyxel Melen

• Reg

Here are the two screen shots. Even if the Mobile app claims there is only one device connected all the devices are in fact connected and functioning normally.

I enabled access and created a case: 230201254

• Reg

Follow up from today. I have logged into the mobile app at least once a day and finally today the number of clients in the mobile app matches what the web interface shows.

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @Reg,

Thanks for the privilege and the screenshot.

It is because of the different default periods on the APP and the Web GUI.

The APP indicates the number of clients in the past 24 hours.

However, the Web GUI indicates the number of clients in the past 2 hours.

To ensure the client numbers, you could check on the Firewall client page(Firewall > Monitor > Clients).

The last 2 hours:

The last 24 hours:

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

• Reg
    edited March 2023

That doesn't make sense to me. On feb 24 I captured screen shots of the differences. It was not until Feb 27 that the mobile app shows more than a single connection. If this is an update issue I would have expected the mobile APP ui to update on 25 or the 26th. I was checking multiple times a day so I know I didn't ‘miss this’ and not see it until the 27th.

My take-a-way from this situation is the mobile application is not useable and I will un-install it and only use the web interface moving forward.

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @Reg,

Apologize for my miss checking.

I have started investigating why the number of clients is 1 on Nebula APP.

I will update you once I get further information.

Zyxel Melen

• Reg

an interesting update. I have narrowed this down to attaching one particular computer to the network. If that one machine is connected the mobile app will only show the one particular computer as connected. If I unplug that computer the mobile app client count restores to an expected count.

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @Reg,

Thanks for the detailed investigation.

Could you share the MAC address of that device for us to track? Many thanks.

Zyxel Melen

• Reg

The address for that device is: 38:14:28:95:7A:F5

• Zyxel_Melen
    edited March 2023

Hi @Reg,

Apologize for the late reply.

I would like to share some information with you. The client number on Nebula APP is the same as the site-wide client page > all client page for the last 24 hours. And the client number on the summary report page is the same as the site-wide client page > firewall clients page for the last 24 hours.

I also found that all client page for the last 2 hours only shows 1 client.

However, the firewall clients page for the last 2 hours shows 18 clients.

To better clarify this problem, could you share your topology with me? We wonder if this could be due to the downlink devices of USG FLEX. Many thanks.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks