Device temperature has exceeded system threshold

Options
2»

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,792  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Do we really think having it horizontal is going to improve things?

• LDI
    LDI Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Can I increase the shutdown point to 90 instead of 80?

• Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 771  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @mMontana , @LDI ,

Actually, we don't recommend that installed FLEX500 on wall-mounted.

If you would use Rack Mounting. Please make sure there is at least 100 mm of clearance at the sides and 100 mm in the rear to allow air circulation and the attachment of cables and the power cord. When stacking in a rack, make sure there is at least 40 mm of clearance between Zyxel Devices.

Find the description in UserGuide "Chapter 3 Hardware, Interface and Zones"

https://download.zyxel.com/USG_FLEX_500/user_guide/USG%20FLEX%20500_V5.35_Ed1.pdf

Thank you

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,312  Guru Member
    Options

@peteruk Actually I don't know, never had this kind of issues, even with a pretty warm router on top of a USG20.
    In my experience, all the network devices are supposed to be mounted horizzontally (surface or rack) unless specifically allowed for that product by the producers. Few switches I encontered allowed wallmount, but always ports on top, never ports on the side. An exception was a fanless switch, that allowed mounting without restriction (with a 20 mm clearance from the ceiling if ceiling mounted).

FWIW, @LDI you can consider to put a push fan outside your device in the lower part, to increase airflow from the fresher part (which is the lower one).

@zyxel_kevin 40mm of space among devices vanifies part of the rackmouting and is roughly 1U. I mean… 3U for a firewall (1U between the lower one, 1u for the firewall, 1U for the upper one)? Is a 24W device (according to specs), with a +300W PoE Swich should i use… I don't know… 300 is 12 times 25. So 40mm x 12= 480mm / 45 (roughly 1 U)… 11U between them? If the clearances reported are for real, Zyxel devices should not be ever put in any rack. If are jokes, are no fun at all.

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 133  Ally Member
    Options

I thought there are not any vendor will tell you that the upper and lower can be stacked lol,

and they should all recommend leaving 1U for each. HAHA

Security Highlight