Limit bandwidth USG 210

lunamic
lunamic Posts: 4
First Comment

Hi, I have problem with USG 210. I changed my connection with fiber line with 200Mbps. But if i do a speed test always I get values below 100Mbps. Where could the problem be?

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary

bad cable? NIC limited to 100Mb?

• lunamic
    First Comment

NIC on Zywall is set 1000 FULL DUPLEX, I don't verified switch port, but I don't think.

I will try with another cable

• lunamic
    First Comment

PeterUK sorry, but could be a problem of configuration? There is some setting that can limit the bandwidth?

Thank you

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary

unless you have set interface rate limiting it should be able to go faster then 100Mb

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 663  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate 100 Answers

@lunamic How about changing the port configuration from 1000 Full Duplex to Auto Negotiate?
    and it seems there is a switch involved in the network, could you provide your test topology?

Moreover, please check if there is a BWM rule or interface egress/ingress bandwidth settings

• lunamic
    First Comment

Hi James, I changed port configuration. effectively there is a switch that could to be the problem. I have to check. In the bwm I added a policy as you can see from the screenshot, but also without this was the same

The egress and ingress bandwidth are set to 1048576 Kbps.

Thank you

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 163  Master Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Second Anniversary

Sounds a bit difficult to troubleshoot, but would you be able to cross test the connection using other equipment, i.e. device supplied by the ISP as the only uncertain part in this connection test?

If you have tested all available settings on the ports and interfaces, maybe there is something incompatible in the combination of hardware (unless your connection used to work just fine).

Security Highlight