WAC6502D-S all of sudden slow 5Ghz?

Options
ShawHale
ShawHale Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hi all,
I am at my wits end. couple of days ago I noticed that my 5Ghz was acting up a bit. On investigation I saw that my transfer rate on the Wifi is about 20-30Mbit (instead of hundreds like before). This is from all Wifi devices I have so far tested on. It does say it is connected at 866Mbit. I have since installed the latest firmware (V6.10(AASE.3) / V2.1 / 2020-08-13 14:37:18) but same behaviour. I haven't changed the config around the time the change happened. It could have been the last update to firmware 6.00 as that was the last change I made. I have since tried changing settings and analyzing Wifi spectrum to see if there was any change but so far I can't see any. (I do live near an airport so maybe they made some chnage to DFS stuff/) 

Anyway only thing remaining would be to see if it is hardware but I doubt it I wouldn't have expected it to connect as 866Mbit. The 2.4Ghz band is working fine as always and is about twice as fast as 5Ghz at the moment.

So anyone with an idea what I can check would be greatly appreciated.

All Replies

• AMD
    AMD Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude First Comment
    Options
    Is it AMPDU enabled on 5GHz profile?
  • Greenlight
    Greenlight Posts: 57  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    How's the spectrum condition? Any Wi-Fi signal around the location?
    If interference is inevitable, you can try to size down the channel width to 40/20 or even 20 MHz to reduce the impact.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @ShawHale
    The connection and performance were enhanced in the last firmware of WAC6502D-S, so please download the last firmware to upgrade the AP. Here's the firmware download link for your reference.
    https://www.zyxel.com/support/SupportLandingSR.shtml?c=gb&l=en&kb=M-02053&md=WAC6502D-S#

For test the performance, it's recommended to use only one client and the only one AP to avoid any interference, and it's better to do DCS before testing. May I know what's the test client model and the speed test tool? We'd like to help check more detail of the AP radio setting, so would you provide the configuration file to us? You may PM me if there's any concern. 
  • GarrisonHale
    Options
    ShawHale said:
    Hi all,
    I am at my wits end. couple of days ago I noticed that my 5Ghz was acting up a bit. On investigation I saw that my transfer rate on the Wifi is about 20-30Mbit (instead of hundreds like before). This is from all Wifi devices I have so far tested on. It does say it is connected at 866Mbit. I have since installed the latest firmware (V6.10(AASE.3) / V2.1 / 2020-08-13 14:37:18) but same behaviour. I haven't changed the config around the time the change happened. It could have been the last update to firmware 6.00 as that was the last change I made. I have since tried changing settings and analyzing Wifi spectrum to see if there was any change but so far I can't see any. (I do live near an airport so maybe they made some chnage to DFS stuff/) 

Anyway only thing remaining would be to see if it is hardware but I doubt it I wouldn't have expected it to connect as 866Mbit. The 2.4Ghz band is working fine as al 
    https://19216811.cam/ 
    ways and is about twice as fast as 5Ghz at the moment.

So anyone with an idea what I can check would be greatly appreciated.
    issue got solved
  • timjohn
    timjohn Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options
    I noticed that my 5Ghz was acting up a bit.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @GarrisonHale

Great to hear that your issue was resolved. Did you get the same problem as ShawHale? Would you share more information about how to resolve the issue for us?

@timjohn
    Is there any problem for using the wireless? Please share more detail of the issue symptom for us.