Converting configuration from USG50 to USG200FLEX.

Options
dirsve
dirsve Posts: 1
First Anniversary
edited April 2021 in Security
Hello.

How can I convert/migrate the configuration from my old USG50 to my new USG200FLEX. I found the online converter on the Zyxel site, but there is no option to convert the configuration in one step.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
dirsve

All Replies

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hi @dirsve,

Unfortunately, currently there’s no direct way to convert USG50’s configuration to USG FLEX 200’s since there’re some hardware identification difference, also USG50 is legacy model.

Please try to configure USG FLEX 200 device from the beginning.

• bymusty
    bymusty Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    Options
    hi @dirsve and @Zyxel_Can

If you pay attention and you have a chance to try it, you can convert the existing config file from usg50 to usg60 at https://convert.cloud.zyxel.com/. Then you can try to convert to usgflex200 by deleting the version line inside the config file. Afterwards, you can test the config file by providing controls on the resulting file. But if you have a usg60 device, you will have a much higher chance of success if you freeze the config file with version 4.10 and convert it to 4.62. We switched from a very complex usg300 to atp800 2 weeks ago in a similar application.

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hi @bymusty,

Thank you for your recommendation.

But since versions are different, you may encounter configuration compatibility issues. We don’t recommend that indirect conversion.

Best regards.

Security Highlight