USG Flex 200 not allowing Youtube to fully load, error is You're offline. Check your connection.

Options
Hi,
I'm using a USG Flex 200, I have disabled all Security Policies. When accessing www.youtube.com I get the message "You're offline. Check your connection." and only part of the page loads.  See attachment. The videos do flash briefly but then disappear.  All other sites seem to work ok.  Nothing appears in the log files regarding youtube.

Larry

Accepted Solution

• laltobelli
    laltobelli Posts: 6
    First Anniversary
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In addition I did update the firmware which may have fixed this and a couple of other issues I was seeing.

All Replies

• CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    How about flush cache/history on your browser?
    Also please try to force TCP traffic when accessing to Youtube:
    Use policy control rule to block QUIC UDP443 service from Any to WAN
  • laltobelli
    Options
    Not too sure what happened.   On Friday no PC on site could access Youtube through the Zyxel.  They could only access it if tied to their phone's hotspot.  Today there does not seem to be a problem accessing Youtube.
  • laltobelli
    laltobelli Posts: 6
    First Anniversary
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In addition I did update the firmware which may have fixed this and a couple of other issues I was seeing.
  • ESYS_SW
    ESYS_SW Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    im having same issue on usgflex100... what is the resolution?
  • ds121
    ds121 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've just upgraded to flex 100 from older usg series. 
    Ever since, I'm having the same error described here.  Some traffics are routed to another usg 20, but same.

I have flushed local dns cache, internal dns server cache numerous times.  Youtube worked briefly when I restarted entire network.

Is there any other setting I should touch?  My firmware is the latest as of today. 
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,771  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    See if blocking UDP 443 from LAN to WAN does anything.
  • ds121
    ds121 Posts: 2
    Options
    PeterUK said:
    See if blocking UDP 443 from LAN to WAN does anything.
    No luck.
    I've also noticed some referral links (like on search engine) to HTTPS or redirected HTTPS page also generates "not private" certificate error.
  • Blabababa
    Blabababa Posts: 151  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Strange, how's the result when using terminal and ping to www.youtube.com? And had you turned on any kind of utm features (content filter, as, reputation filter...etc). You can also check if the log says anything related to blocking. 

Security Highlight