NWA1123AC PRO - Update?

Options
Accso
Accso Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hello Zyxel Support,
since our APs could be affected by updates against FragAttacks (https://www.zyxel.com/support/FragAttacks_against_WiFi_products.shtml) I wanted to ask when we can expect the update for the NWA1123AC PRO model. On the website I can only see the information "To be updated" without an expected date when the update will be available. If this update occurs, will it be done automatically?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Accso

We're constantly keeping contact with the Chip Vendor to make sure the patch can be released as soon as possible. Once it's done, the information will be first published on the website you attached.

For the AP managed in Nebula Control Center, the firmware will be auto upgraded in 90 days after we release. (customer can also manually upgrade the firmware right after the firmware is launched.)

For AP managed by an AP Controller or in standalone mode, users can them download the patch from the link above and upgrade the firmware by themselves.

Best Regards,
    Richard

All Replies

• Zyxel_Richard
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Accso

We're constantly keeping contact with the Chip Vendor to make sure the patch can be released as soon as possible. Once it's done, the information will be first published on the website you attached.

For the AP managed in Nebula Control Center, the firmware will be auto upgraded in 90 days after we release. (customer can also manually upgrade the firmware right after the firmware is launched.)

For AP managed by an AP Controller or in standalone mode, users can them download the patch from the link above and upgrade the firmware by themselves.

Best Regards,
    Richard
  • Asgatlat
    Asgatlat Posts: 81  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    hi @Zyxel_Richard
    i have 2 NWA1123 AC in my office for guest wifi access with FW V2.12(AAOX.0)
    i'm not sure if it's version 2 ?
    is this model affected by Fragattack ?
    regards
  • Zyxel_Richard
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @Asgatlat

For the exact model name, please check the model sticker in the back panel.

And yes, NWA1123AC is also affected by Fragattack.
    However, since NWA1123AC is in the EoL (end of life) model list, we won't release further fixed patch for this model.  

If you have plan to upgrade your office APs, you can refer to NWA1123ACv3 and NWA110AX, both APs are in the same segment as NWA1123AC, but provides stronger hardware and software capability.

Best Regards,
    Richard