Inizializzazione NWA 5123 AC HD

Options
GianGR
GianGR Posts: 9
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hi, as per object I have to access the device but it is not reachable in any way.  It is powered correctly because the light turns on both with a dedicated power supply and with a POE network cable.  I have tried to reset it in all three ways described in the official documentation, but it is not detected.  the device should have 192.168.1.2 as default ip and I gave my pc the 192.168.1.100, connected both devices to a separate switch with no other connected.  The access point does not pose, even doing a network scan of the whole class does not find it.  I have used the Zyxel ZON application and it does not detect it.  I used Wireshark and applied the Mac address filter and it doesn't detect it.  By connecting the device to port 1 of an 8-port Zyxel Poe switch with management possibility, I was able to verify that a device is connected to the port, which is powered, with a corresponding Mac address, but shows no signs of life.  Using ZON again detects the switch but not the access point, I don't know what to do anymore, do you have any advice?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 440  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @GianGR

Welcome to Zyxel community!

Your troubleshooting steps are correct and the result seems the device is somewhere wrong.

Since you using ZON to scan but AP is not visible even you've confirmed devices are in the same subnet.

We will contact you via private message to help you RMA this AP.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• GianGR
    GianGR Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, once the power supply is connected without a network cable, the light is immediately green steady for 3 or 4 seconds, then steady yellow for 10 seconds, then it flashes green and yellow for 4 or 5 seconds, then steady yellow.
    If I connect the network cable, to a non-poe unmanaged switch, to the POE port (and not to the LAN port) of the access point it does nothing, the light remains solid yellow without blinking.
    After at least 2 minutes it turns solid green, after 5 or 6 minutes it turns solid yellow again and after 3 seconds it turns solid green again without flashing. The ZON application only ever finds one other switch I have on the network, the GS1900-HP.
    I installed the ZON application on three different PCs all Windows 10 Pro, updated to the latest releases. I used 3 different switches and I also connected the AP directly to the PC but without ever detecting it.
    Thank you
  • Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 440  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @GianGR

How thoroughly you already did for checking this AP!

Since either ssh or the AP GUI can’t access, we will call back the AP and using console cable to investigate AP directly.

I’ve sent you private message for inquiry information.

Thanks for your detail description and an good example post in the community.

Regards,

Bella