USG FLEX 700 and DHCP

Options
NoE
NoE Posts: 30  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
Hi,
I have got new USG FLEX 700. I have no trouble running "Initial Setup Wizard" and I have ended nicely with configured Zyxel with connection to the Internet.
However, I have noticed that somehow new DHCP pool of addresses have been made - I have got 192.168.2.<number> for the laptop I have then connected to USGFlex.
I have checked the port (just for case it was ge4) and the port was configured something like the DHCP pool 192.168.2.x starting at 192.168.2.100 (or 200, I am not sure, I am not at the site at the moment).....

However, this is strange. We have bought USG FLEX 700 for new Internet connection, the Cisco Catalyst switch with public IPs of the Internet provider is at our site, fiber-optic connect to our ISP and there is none DHCP on that Cisco.
I was searching through the manual of USG FLEX 700 but never I have found that DHCP server is part of it.
Or is it?
(It would be nice if it would be, so I do not need to install, configure and maintain it on some machine :-:wink: )

So the question is: Is DHCP server part of the USG Flex 700? And if yes, where to configure it?

Accepted Solution

• Fred_77
    Fred_77 Posts: 115  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @NoE
    yes, DHCP server is available for every interface.
    Edit the interface ge4, assign an ip address (it should be present 192.168.2.1),scroll down and select "dhcp server" from the menu in "DHCP Setting". Other options are "None" or "Dhcp Relay"

All Replies

• Fred_77
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @NoE
    yes, DHCP server is available for every interface.
    Edit the interface ge4, assign an ip address (it should be present 192.168.2.1),scroll down and select "dhcp server" from the menu in "DHCP Setting". Other options are "None" or "Dhcp Relay"

• NoE
    NoE Posts: 30  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    DHCP on every port - that's fantastic and more I expected, thanks a lot for your answer.
  • Fred_77
    Options
    Happy to have been helpfull

Security Highlight