ZyWall 110 to USG Flex 500 Upgrade - possible?

Options
qbit35
qbit35 Posts: 2
I have a ZyWall 110 and would like to upgrade the firmware to USG Flex 500 to enjoy further features. Is this possible? or do I need to discard the ZyWall 110 and buy a new HW platform?
Thanks

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,083  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @qbit35

Welcome to Zyxel Community. The Zywall110 cannot be updated to the USG Flex500’s firmware due to they are different model devices. We suggest you can upgrade the hardware to USG Flex 500. The USG Flex 500 can be deployed in on-premise or Nebula mode to provide users more flexible deploy chooses. You can refer to this link to see more of its introduction, thanks. 

All Replies

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 136  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    Options
    You need new hardware, older models do not have the chipsets to function with Nebula.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,083  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @qbit35

Welcome to Zyxel Community. The Zywall110 cannot be updated to the USG Flex500’s firmware due to they are different model devices. We suggest you can upgrade the hardware to USG Flex 500. The USG Flex 500 can be deployed in on-premise or Nebula mode to provide users more flexible deploy chooses. You can refer to this link to see more of its introduction, thanks. 

• qbit35
    qbit35 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for all replies.
    Actually I am not after Nebula functionality as such, rather IDS/IDP. License for this can no longer be renewed.
    Anyhow, I get it, time to throw the old and in with the new...

Security Highlight