XGS1250-12 LAG

Options
Nyros
Nyros Posts: 3
First Comment
edited February 2023 in Switch
Hello !

Is it possible to add one new option for support LAG port aggregation for the XGS1250-12 model, to aggregate only the 9 and 10 port?

I purchased this model hoping for port aggregation 5Gb with Synology, and I need only port 9 and 10 to be aggregated.

I use port 11 to connect my pc to the switch with 10gb, and the SFP one for another pc.

But LAG 4, sadly, combines all three.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Nyros,

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    We have a user who asked for this feature before and we released a date firmware for this. I will PM it to you. Also, we will improve the LAG port grouping option in future firmware releases.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Nyros,

We have a user who asked for this feature before and we released a date firmware for this. I will PM it to you. Also, we will improve the LAG port grouping option in future firmware releases.

Zyxel Melen

• Nyros
    First Comment
    Options
    Thank you very much! It worked!

I now have a different problem.

I connect the port 11 cable from pc to the switch on port 11, I get 10 Gb reported on the switch, 10Gb reported on the PC.

i connect the same cable to a sfp+ rj45 module to port 12, the switch reported 10Gb but the PC reports 1Gb.

Its the same cable, connected to the same PC NIC, same switch, same settings just different ports, why can’t it run 10Gbs on the 12 port as well?

Sadly I don’t have a second sfp+ module to test, do you think the sfp+ module is bad?

• Nyros
    First Comment
    Options
    Hello,

I also tried without auto negotiation, on both the pc and switch I set it to expect 10Gb’s and rebooted the switch.

The switch reports 10Gb on port 12.

The PC reports cable unplugged..
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @nyros,

Based on your result, it is more likely the SFP module has a compatibility issue with XGS1250.
    In addition, the reason that switch shows 10G might be because the SFP module has a PHY IC which directly links with the switch when they are connected, and causes the result.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi @Nyros,

Good day.
    I think we can connect a loop between ports 11 & 12 to verify if the link speed can reach 10G or not. 
    Could you help to check?

Zyxel Melen

• Ally
    Ally Posts: 1
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi @Nyros,

@Zyxel_Melen

Hello,

i bought the switch this week. I also want to use that feature with my Asustor nas. Is it possible to get the firmware too? I update the firmware to this https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/14191/switch-xgs1250-12-v1-00-patch-2-firmware-release but this feature is not implemented. I need only two 10gbe ports for link aggregation. The third one i would like to use to connect my PC. Without this feature i do not need a expensive switch like that and gonna return it.

Thanks
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @Ally,

Welcome to the Zyxel community!
    I will PM you the date firmware, please check your mailbox.

Zyxel Melen

• Andmar
    Andmar Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    Hello ! is it possible for me to get a test firmware for raising LACP for aggregating two gigabit connections from Synology NAS on 7/8 LAG3 1 Gb+ 1Gb = 2Gb/s? Or is it possible only on test firmware and on 9/10 ports? Thanks to !!!
  • Mannekino
    Options

So is LACP supported with a firmware update on this switch? If so, I would like to receive this firmware also. I want to combine serveral ports to increase the throughput to my TrueNAS server.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Mannekino,

XGS1250 only supports static trunk/LAG and does not support LACP.

This firmware only adds a new Link Aggregation Group for port 9 and port 10.

Once you also need it, please download the latest firmware and upgrade your XGS1250-12.

Zyxel Melen