GS-108B v3 Problems with connections

Options
Goncikas
Goncikas Posts: 3
Friend Collector First Comment
edited October 2022 in Switch
Just installed this one and some problems  occur. First im using Virgin HUB 5 + Linksys Mesh. So for start .. i plug all in and my mesh works all OK. Then i try to connect my PC via cable and  no internet. Unplugged all. Restarted HUB, then Started Switch, Then Linksys mesh. My PC now  has internet but no internet on Linsys Mesh. And  if i try to plug laptop it has no internet too. Not sure what's wrong but for first day and try I'm really disappointed. PC and Linksys mesh plugged in 7-8 (High priority) Hub in to 1 

Accepted Solution

• Goncikas
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think i sorted :) Virgin HUB to Linksys Mesh and from mesh to Switch. Now  working. :)

All Replies

• Goncikas
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think i sorted :) Virgin HUB to Linksys Mesh and from mesh to Switch. Now  working. :)
  • Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 560  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Goncikas ,

It is glad to hear you have solved your problem.

If your topology was:
    Virgin HUB – Switch – Linksys Mesh – PC
    Please make sure that the switch connecting with the WAN port(Internet Port) of Linksys Mesh and PC connecting with the LAN port(Ethernet Ports) of Linksys Mesh.

Since GS108Bv3 is an unmanaged switch, in addition to changing the traffic priority, switch will only forward traffic. If you connected your Linksys Mesh with switch at the LAN port of Linksys Mesh, it may makes Linksys Mesh can’t properly connect to internet because there is no connection at WAN port.

Kay

Kay