GS1900-8 change ip problems

Options
nicnic
nicnic Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment
Hi to all,

I have purchased and GS1900-8 managed switch, but I can't configure a new IP address. Configuring the PC connected via cable on the same factory subnet 192.168.1.0/24 does not detect the device via ping, TCP or via web browser.

I tried on all physical ports (1 to 8), also factory reset but with identical results without accessing the management interface.

Using the Zyxel one network Utility application the device appears however with the default password from the manual ( admin / 1234 ) , it only fails when trying to perform any action, including upgrading the firmware to a newer version.

How can I proceed to get access to the web panel or another way to configure it?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 660  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @nicnic,
    The device it doesn't has any real warranty from Zyxel right ?
    Yes, the project owner used to be an ISP that provided the switch to the previous owner (your reseller) and the warranty was defined by ISP.

I have to solved with him or return or make a complain or anything like that.

Yes, you need to contact the reseller for further assistance.

Chris

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Options
    Hello @nicnic
    May I know where and when did you buy this device, in order to verify this case can you please private message me the back label picture for me.  
    Chris
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Options
    Hello @nicnic,
    As I checked with this device and found it should use for the particular project, since you have mentioned you bought it via MercadoLibre, please contact the seller for the purchase returns.
    Chris
  • nicnic
    Options
    Hi @Zyxel_Chris

Ok I understand so... to understand well the status, the seller has not permission to sold the product outside an specific project or scope.

The device it doesn't has any real warranty from Zyxel right ? I have to solved with him or return or make a complain or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @nicnic,
    The device it doesn't has any real warranty from Zyxel right ?
    Yes, the project owner used to be an ISP that provided the switch to the previous owner (your reseller) and the warranty was defined by ISP.

I have to solved with him or return or make a complain or anything like that.

Yes, you need to contact the reseller for further assistance.

Chris