usg60 firmware update from v4.65 to current

Options
I am unable to update firmware on my usg60 from v4.65 to anything newer.  I have tried using the cloud download method, and the local file upload method.  I have tried updating both the standby and running firmware.  Neither of them will update.  Any suggestions?

Standby firmware at v4.60(AAKY.1)
Running firmware at v4.65(AAKY.1)

Accepted Solution

• n00b
    n00b Posts: 7
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Support found the device to be defective.  RMA process started.

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    I suggest this steps:
    Download 4.72 from my zyxel
    Reboot the firewall
    then upload 4.72 manually on the standby firmware

If that does not work, checkup every object, rule, policy and user for non-ASCII characters and please report here any special character used.

• n00b
    Options
    I power cycled the usg60, physically unplugged the power.  Downloaded the 4.72 firmware to my local pc.  Uploaded it to the "#1 Standby" firmware slot which is currently at v4.60.  Still did not work.

I do have _ (underscores) in some object descriptions.  Those need to be removed?
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    Options
    I don't think so, but IMHO worth the shot. I had issue upgrading to firmware due to the "wrong name" for a group (which seems to be the same for other non visible objecs into the device. Zyxel support told me what was and renaming it was allowing me to upgrade.
  • n00b
    Options
    Nope that didn't work either.

I am suspecting since the "standby" firmware is v4.60, and the running firmware is v4.65; this is creating the issue.  Per documentation, to upgrade to v4.70+ the device needs to be at least v4.65.  Neither firmware slots will upgrade.

I am unable to locate the exact same v4.65 (AAKY.1) firmware anywhere online.  That way I could update the "standby" firmware to the same level.  And then try pushing it to v4.70+

I have reached out to support hoping they can provide some help.

Thanks.
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,761  Guru Member
    Options
    You can download v4.65 (AAKY.1) here
    https://ufile.io/s4tc4fe9
  • WJS
    WJS Posts: 133  Ally Member
    Options
    Have console cable to output message what was happening during upgrade?
  • n00b
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Support found the device to be defective.  RMA process started.
  • JeanValjean
    Options

Hello,
    Exactly the same issue here, USG60 running 4.65 + 4.62 standby, can't update anything to 4.70 or newer. can't find the firmware file.

PeterUK, could you please upload the 4.65 AAKY.1 file again ? The current link is dead. Thank you.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,761  Guru Member
    Options

You should be able to get it here

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360013941859-Security-Products-Firmware-Overview-FLEX-ATP-USG-VPN-ZYWALL-

• JeanValjean
    Options

Indeed they are. Thanks.

Sadly, the issue persists : can't update standby or running fw to 4.65 or newer.

Security Highlight