AP requierement for Zyxel ATP200

auphysch
auphysch Posts: 3
First Comment
edited November 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hello,

I have already Zyxel ATP200 device. I want create an Access Point from this device.
On a  eshop i find 2 models i hesitate between us:
Zyxel WAX610D
Zyxel WAC6103D-I

For each of theses i saw that its with Poe+

Do i need to buy anothers equipments (cable, device,etc...) for Poe+ or its integrated in ATP200?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @auphysch

Would you like to manage the AP by ATP200 or using Nebula Cloud manage mode?

The WAX610D and WAC6103D-I are able to work at modes mentioned above.

We’ll recommend the WAX610D rather than WAC6103D-I since it is newer generation with maintaining firmware and more features such as remote AP, NAT and others.

Both models require 802.3at (PoE+) power, WAX610D needs at least 19W and WAC6103D-I needs 12.48W to service in full power mode.

You’ll need a PoE switch that can deliver enough power budget on AP’s connected port or a power adapter to provide AP power.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @auphysch

Would you like to manage the AP by ATP200 or using Nebula Cloud manage mode?

The WAX610D and WAC6103D-I are able to work at modes mentioned above.

We’ll recommend the WAX610D rather than WAC6103D-I since it is newer generation with maintaining firmware and more features such as remote AP, NAT and others.

Both models require 802.3at (PoE+) power, WAX610D needs at least 19W and WAC6103D-I needs 12.48W to service in full power mode.

You’ll need a PoE switch that can deliver enough power budget on AP’s connected port or a power adapter to provide AP power.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• Hello Bella,

Thank You so Much for your answer.