recommendation switch

Options
2»

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    @mw_dw maybe my perception of Dante marketshare is wrong but it's likely not that big.
    Maybe for 2023 Zyxel will consider digital/IP PA systems as a place where invest some marketing budget for demonstration, partnership e direct support.
  • mw_dw
    mw_dw Posts: 10
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    mMontana said:
    @mw_dw maybe my perception of Dante marketshare is wrong but it's likely not that big.
    Maybe for 2023 Zyxel will consider digital/IP PA systems as a place where invest some marketing budget for demonstration, partnership e direct support.
    That depends on one's definition of 'big'.  Dante is the de facto digital audio IP workflow among many industries including Large venue concerts, corporate A/V, and House of Worship, etc.  
    We use it all the time in our HoW and even Sports productions (Dante devices from Studio Technologies and Glensound).  Here's a good writeup about marketshare based on a consultant firm from 2021. 
    https://audioxpress.com/news/audinate-confirms-dante-audio-networking-licensed-to-more-than-500-manufacturers
    I spoke with someone at Zyxel US and there is interest.  

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    Options
    I hope to read soon something, I'd love to read some documentation which might be useful also for videosurveillance for stable streaming of data among several ports.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,651  Zyxel Employee
    Options

I will PM you the switch configuration for the DANTE network. If you have any comments, we can discuss them in the PM.
    In addition, the guideline is under preparation. We will publish it on our website when it is ready.

Zyxel Melen

• MichaAOIP
    Options
    Here are the Dante specs:
    • Gigabit-rated (1000 Mbps)
    • Managed
    • Non-blocking
    • Quality of Service (QoS) with four queues
    • Diffserv (DSCP) QoS with strict priority
    • The ability to disable Energy Efficient Ethernet or "EEE" (also called Green Ethernet)
    • Vlan support
    • STP/RSTP/MSTP support
    • IGMP snooping/querier Support

• SNMP - not must but nice to have
    • PoE -Option for some equipment
    • Fibre SFP ports  option
    • Fanless  - Better in some scenarios
    • Redundant Power Supply  - Better in some scenarios