ZON useless - no scaling on high res monitors

Options
AMI
AMI Posts: 9
First Comment
edited December 2022 in Switch
ZON does not scale with Windows. It is practically useless on any 4k/5k monitor, as you cannot read anything unless you have a microscope.

REALLY NOW?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @AMI

Since the ZON was developed years ago using the native win32 APIs, it did not support high DPI display scale unless it is fully rewritten with a newer UI framework.

Here's the workaround for you to have a better size:
    Please right-click the ZON and click "Properties". Go to "Compatibility" and click "Change high DPI settings". Click on Override High DPI Scaling Behavior and choose System (Enhanced) from the drop-down menu.

Then you will get a normal size on ZON.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• AMI
    First Comment
    Options
    Any hints?
  • smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    Options
    Looks like you have to get yourself a secondary monitor with a resolution of 1280x720 (old laptop display) to get the necessary size & resolution to read that application. I know, it is a workaround, not a solution per se.
  • AMI
    First Comment
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Looks like you have to get yourself a secondary monitor with a resolution of 1280x720 (old laptop display) to get the necessary size & resolution to read that application. I know, it is a workaround, not a solution per se.
    I was more like opting for a "hidden" feature to adjust zoom level. Quite frankly, I'd prefer not to go back to the stone age.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @AMI

Since the ZON was developed years ago using the native win32 APIs, it did not support high DPI display scale unless it is fully rewritten with a newer UI framework.

Here's the workaround for you to have a better size:
    Please right-click the ZON and click "Properties". Go to "Compatibility" and click "Change high DPI settings". Click on Override High DPI Scaling Behavior and choose System (Enhanced) from the drop-down menu.

Then you will get a normal size on ZON.

Zyxel Melen

• AMI
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi and thanks for the Tip, it does work to make it bigger and readable, but becomes a bit sluggish, but i can live with that.
    Zyxel_Melen said:

### I am using 4k Monitors since like 10 years. So unless its been written beyond that - its not an excuse.
    Besides, there is not much to reprogram - just the window scaling. Thats like 5 clicks and a few lines of code unless the source is really messed up. Assuming its either c++/c#,VB. 

Thanks!

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @AMI,

Thanks for your feedback.
    I have helped to add your request to the switch idea section: here.
    If anyone likes this idea, please feel free to check this idea and leave a comment or click vote.    

Zyxel Melen