Zyxel Switch no light when TV-Box connected?

Options
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen

I am in despair, I just can not explain it to myself.
We moved into our house 5 years ago. We have a company come, which was responsible for the Internet. Our actual router is in the basement but it is connected to "100" LAN cables etc. For the ground floor and the upper floor we have 1 big wifi amplifier each which is connected to a Zyxel and some black thing I have no idea about. I will upload a photo of the configuration. We have the Zyxel GS-105B V3.

Picture of the setup in the upper floor, where everything works. On the ground floor, it looks the same, except that number 4/5 don't light up on the Zyxel.

Anyway, the whole thing ran great for 5 years, but suddenly one night the internet went out on the ground floor. I saw that in the Zyxel this little light where a Lan cable is connected is no longer lit. I switched the Zyxel on and off, plugged and unplugged all cables, but still nothing worked. I then removed the TV box, which was also connected to the Zyxel via Lan, and a few minutes later the lights were lit again and the Internet worked.

We then moved this Internet equipment to another room, because we wanted to watch TV in the living room. In the other room I turned everything on and it worked. When I then hooked up another TV box there (not the same as before), the lights on the Zyxel went out again! Strangely, this configuration worked 5 years and suddenly no longer. So I removed the TV box again, but the light does not light up until today. Although the TV box is gone, the Zyxel on the contrary as last time, no longer lights up.

In the upper floor, everything works perfectly.

I have no idea what it is about the TV boxes and why it suddenly no longer works. It worked for 5 years.

Please help me before I let someone come and change everything for me which will costs a huge amount of money.

Kind Regards
Nail Adler

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 660  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @nail_adler
    Thanks for your information, if there is no issue in the past 5 years (with same scenario) and no firmware upgrade on Tvobx or the GS-105B also because there is no detailed log that can refer to in the unmanaged switch, so it could be the hardware related problem, you might consider for the repleacement.
    Chris

All Replies

• ivers
    ivers Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    Options
    @nail_adler,
    So there is no TVbox on the upper floor and once the issue occur not only the LeD not lit but traffic also not pass-through?
    Will the issue happen when you install the Tvbox on the upper flooer?
  • nail_adler
    Options
    ivers said:
    @nail_adler,
    So there is no TVbox on the upper floor and once the issue occur not only the LeD not lit but traffic also not pass-through?
    Will the issue happen when you install the Tvbox on the upper flooer?
    Yes, you're right. On the upper floor it works as there is no TV Box conencted (see picture I uploaded, it's on the upper floor). No Lights and no traffic on ground floor.

And yes, this issue also happens if I connect any TV box on the upper floor (I tested it with TV boxes from mutliple brands, happens all the time. I just can't explain it).
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Options
    @nail_adler,
    You have mentioned that this scenario can works without any issues for the past 5 years and there is no log we can refer on this unmanaged switch, I'd like to confirm if the TVbox had to upgrade the firmware recently?
    Chris
  • nail_adler
    Options
    @nail_adler,
    You have mentioned that this scenario can works without any issues for the past 5 years and there is no log we can refer on this unmanaged switch, I'd like to confirm if the TVbox had to upgrade the firmware recently?
    Yes, worked for past 5 years, no log. No firmware upgrade of the TV box. I also tried it with a different TV box from an another brand/company but it still doesn't work.
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @nail_adler
    Thanks for your information, if there is no issue in the past 5 years (with same scenario) and no firmware upgrade on Tvobx or the GS-105B also because there is no detailed log that can refer to in the unmanaged switch, so it could be the hardware related problem, you might consider for the repleacement.
    Chris