Feature Request: GS1900 series switch support import certificates feature

Options
Zyxel_Melen
Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,634  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited December 2022 in Switch Ideas
User @christ0815proposes that 
  • GS1900 series switch support import certificates feature
If anyone likes this idea, please feel free to leave a comment or click vote.  

In addition, anyone who urgently needs the import certificates feature can consider the GS1915 series switch.

Zyxel Melen

3 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Release in V2.80 patch0 firmware

Comments

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    In addition, anyone who urgently needs the import certificates feature can consider the GS1915 series switch.

Zyxel Melen

• Maverick11
    Options

Please implement this feature, would be a great addition to this device as i am converting all my devices from HTTP > HTTPS.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Maverick11,

Welcome to the Zyxel community!

Thanks for sharing your comment.

This feature is already listed in our plan. I will TAG you once the firmware that includes this feature has been released.

Zyxel Melen

• rossigee
    rossigee Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

What are the chances of getting this feature implemented any time soon? I've bought a pair of these switches second hand and now I'm trying to secure my network now I'm hitting the HSTS issue and I can't afford to just go buy new ones now!

Given how many years these switches have been in service, I can't believe this feature wasn't included from the start and wasn't included in any of the early updates. All other enterprise network appliances I've come across allow you to configure your own enterprise-issued certificates. It's missing basic functionality. Not a good look.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @rossigee,

Thanks for asking. After checking, I found this idea has been listed in our plan. However, I haven't got the release date. Once I know the ETA of the firmware release, I will share it with you.

Zyxel Melen

• Skreabengt
    Options

Good to know that an import certificate feature now is in the plan for GS1900. I agree with other members,which are writing in this forum that it is not professional to exclude CA certificate support, and I think most people really are caught by surprise that it actually is missing. In older firmware there still was an option through Telnet and busbox userland to import certificate and private key into the right root directories, but such access was not safe and these commands are not working any longer. It is also not possible to connect through SSH e.g. Filezilla, it logs off again instantly, which otherwise is working on other Zyxel products such as entry model NAS.

Zyxel need to find better ways to segregate entry models from premium, ways that is not compromising the clients safety. The browsers also become more an more restricted for unencrypted connection or self-signed certificates, so this is really a appreciated feature, which hopefully is coming soon…

• khwatson
    khwatson Posts: 56  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

I just bought a GS1900-24E new on Ebay. I won't keep it without the ability to import self signed certificates. The response that this is an entry level switch is totally unacceptable.

Zyxel need to find better ways to segregate entry models from premium, ways that is not compromising the clients safety. The browsers also become more an more restricted for unencrypted connection or self-signed certificates, so this is really a appreciated feature, which hopefully is coming soon…

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Skreabengt & @khwatson

Thanks for your attention to the GS1900 import certificate function.

Although we did not provide this function in the past firmware, we understand that network security is more and more important than before. So, we decided to implement this function in future firmware.

I will also share the ETA of the firmware release with you once I receive the date.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

This function is available in V2.80 patch 0 firmware, please reference this release note:

Zyxel Melen