Zywall 110 show running-config error

Options
Hi
Zywall 110 V4.73(AAAA.0)
Log in to ssh with 'limited-admin' and execute 'show running-config'. Received error 'ERROR: Insufficient privilege.'
From manual: limited-admin - this user can look at the configuration of the Zyxel Device but not to change it.
How can I get config from 'limited-admin' via ssh?

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,304  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi @dv_berg i think that this behavior is intended.
    With the request to show the running config, the limited-admin user could "steal" the configuration of the device redirecting the output to a text file.
    So.
    Please, with the same limited admin user, try to download any of the configuration files on the device from the web interface. If this happen, smells like a bug to me...
  • dv_berg
    Options
    Yes, looks like it is intended. Just tried to download config file and get the same error.
    Still, I think its a bug. At least it must be described in the manual.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,304  Guru Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    dv_berg said:
    Still, I think its a bug. At least it must be described in the manual.
    Due to the consistency of the behavior, I agree with your for document the behavior in the manual, but it's not a bug IMVHO.
    Some security data is present into configuration so limited-admin without that access has some meaning that I can understand (share or not is quite tough explanation for this topic)

I hope that some zyxel representative can share more "official" info about that.
  • Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 769  Zyxel Employee
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi @dv_berg
    Greeting forum.
    The statements " limited-admin - this user can look at the configuration of the Zyxel Device but not to change it" means that  you can see configuraton on WebGUI not include "text" format (show running-config) . 
    Thanks your advice. 
    Thank you
    Kevin

Security Highlight