No 2.5gbs XS1930-12HP and NWA210AX

Options
Maff
Maff Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 2023 in Switch
HI there
have recently upgraded from a unifi setup, i am by no means the best network engineer but run an okay home system, purchased the above switch and access point and i cannot get it to link at 2.5gbs, if i set auto it negotiates at 1gbps and if i manually set 2.5 on the switch port the access point doesn't connect and the led just flashes red, 

have tried looking through logs on both but not been able to see anything when it tries to negotiate the link, tried a few different cables currently using a cat8 but tried with cat6 and 6a and no 2.5gbps link i am also using the switch to power the access point via POE 802.3bt

and using the sfp+ ports to link two switches at 10gbps and a link to router and unraid box

am i missing something or could i have a faulty switch or access point?

edit
both devices are in standalone mode also

Edit2
just setup a PC with a 2.5gb onboard nic and negotiated at 2.5

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,655  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi @Maff,

Welcome to the Zyxel community!
    May I know if you have tried to connect your AP to the port that you connect to a PC and negotiated at 2.5G? Will the switch and AP negotiate at 2.5G?

Zyxel Melen

• Maff
    Maff Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    hi @Zyxel_Melen

have just tried the same port with Poe enabled and only 1gig negotiated:(
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,655  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Maff,

Based on your result, the switch works properly.
    Just want to make sure you connect the AP uplink port to the switch, right?
    Could you help to connect your AP to your PC 2.5G NIC? Your AP needs to connect to an adapter to power up.
    If the AP still links up in 1G, it might have a hardware issue. Please follow this link to submit an RMA request.

Zyxel Melen