XS1930 - SFP 1Gbps

Options
ISD
ISD Posts: 2
First Comment
Good morning, I'm planning to move the a full 10Gbps the office ( a dozen of PC, server and workstation) I plan to use initially one XS1930 with 8 10G ports and 2 SFP+ and I have several questions:
- could I install the Zyxel XGN100C 10G SFP+ PCIE CPNT card on the server and connect to the switch through the a DAC Cable?
- Could I use the second SFP+ port to connect to an holder switch that has only SFP ports (no SFP Plus)
Basically For the moment I would be happy to use 8 ports to connect the workstation, the first SFP+ Port to connect the server and the second SFP+ port to connect the old switch at 1Gb, connected to printers, and other PC not requiring higher connection. I plan in the future to buy another XS19030, if needed, and connect the two through a SFP+ connection.
As I'm not experienced on the subject, I would like to know if what I'm thinking is feasible and if there is anything particular to verify when I have to buy the hardware
many thanks

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @ISD,

Yes, you could use the SFP+ port to connect the SFP port of another switch. The SFP+ port support SFP+ and SFP module. You just need to make sure the SFP modules are using same speed.
    About the fiber, I recommend checking the SFP module datasheet. It will tell you which connector and the Optical fiber type you should use.

The Below screenshot is the example. The SFP-LX-10-E needs Duplex LC with single mode fiber.
    The SFP-BX1310-10-D needs Single LC with single mode fiber.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @ISD,

Welcome to the Zyxel community!
    I recommend using XGS100F instead of XGN100C since the DAC cable uses SFP+ interface on both ends.
    Also, you could check the device's datasheet to check which SFP module is supported.
    If your SFP module is not listed, it might not work properly with XS1930.

Zyxel Melen

• ISD
    ISD Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi Melen, many thanks for the welcome and the reply. ok for using the XGN100F, as obviously has  a SFP+ port and not a RJ45. My question was also if it is possibile to use the SFP+ port of the switch to connect to a SFP port (not +) of anoter switch and which cable I have to use?
    many thanks
    Stefano
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @ISD,

Yes, you could use the SFP+ port to connect the SFP port of another switch. The SFP+ port support SFP+ and SFP module. You just need to make sure the SFP modules are using same speed.
    About the fiber, I recommend checking the SFP module datasheet. It will tell you which connector and the Optical fiber type you should use.

The Below screenshot is the example. The SFP-LX-10-E needs Duplex LC with single mode fiber.
    The SFP-BX1310-10-D needs Single LC with single mode fiber.

Zyxel Melen