Upgrading XGS-1210-12 firmware from a Mac ?

I have tried to upgrade the firmware to the lates version via the web management pages but the switch does not seem to upload the firmware XGS1210-12_V1.00(ABTY.6)C0.bix - it uses C:\fakepath\XGS1210-12_V1.00(ABTY.6)C0.bix as file name file name, which obviously will not work on a Mac although the dialog box on the page allows me to go to the correct place where I saved the new firmware.
Is there a way to perform the upgrade ?
Thanks

Accepted Solution

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    If you're using Safari, try with Firefox or Chrome. The meaning of "fakepath" is simple. It's not important the path, the file is.
    I updated some old USG's firewall via Linux several years ago, using Firefox, without issues.

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    If you're using Safari, try with Firefox or Chrome. The meaning of "fakepath" is simple. It's not important the path, the file is.
    I updated some old USG's firewall via Linux several years ago, using Firefox, without issues.
  • mMontana said:
    Thanks a lot !