NWA210AX Low Upload Speed

It seems I can't get the upload speed close to download one. With the latest firware and the max power set I get download speed 900 mbps and 280 mbps upload speed. When connecting my computer directly to LAN I get upload speed similar to download one. Any idea what the issue might be? Do I have a hardware failure with my WAP?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi there, 

From your description, we assume that when connecting your computer directly to LAN, the download/ upload speed is about 900/900. It is also what you expect on wireless test because that is the network speed provided from ISP, right? 

The ideal condition during the test period is ONLY the test device connecting to the access point because other wireless clients connecting to the same AP will also share the resources and degrade the throughput. So recommend you disable the current SSID and then create a new SSID to and connect, and then refer to this guide link to setup and proceed throughput test. 

In case, you follow the guide above to test, but the upload speed still isn’t getting improved, please help us go to the WEB GUI collect the diagnostic file “before and after” doing the speed test, and then provide us by click to my account > Private message, so we can help to identify the possible cause more deeply. 

Judy

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi there,

Based on the diagnostic file, it was discovered that multiple clients were connected to both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs.

To test the throughput, ensure that only one device is connected to the access point, and that the link rate is at its maximum.

For your reference, we conducted the throughput test using the Intel AX200 wireless station card (5GHz/160MHz).

Judy