USG1100 - AP offline

Options
Matt10669
Matt10669 Posts: 20  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security

Hi, in my wifi net I have some Access Points that went offline (NWA5121 and WAC500 types). I tried to reboot them but nothing happened. Can you help me? Thank you

All Replies

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

You say “I tried to reboot them but nothing happened.” — What sort of reboot did you perform? Only via GUI, or physical reboot by power off & on again? Are there any changes in the LED light status on any of the devices?

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    Options

Can you ping the APs?

Are these APs PoE-powered?

• Matt10669
    edited February 2023
    Options

They are all PoE powered and the switches are all ok. AP LED are on and blinking (green/yellow). I made a physical reboot disconnecting the Rj45 plug from the switches that feed the power.

I can ping the APs.

• mMontana
    Options

When the status of the APs is erratic, the USG1100 is at high cpu/memory usage? (more than 95%)?

Are in use GS-1900 switches for PoE?

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 133  Ally Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Have you tried to reset AP ? Not sure what's your sec interval of lights (find the pic) . First of all, you may show arp table to ensure if AP is address 192.168.4.16 ? I mean maybe the address is fetched by other device at that moment

then you can capture packets between firewall's LAN and filter AP address to check if there are negotiation packets.

• morezh
    morezh Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security
    Options

Do you have enough AP Licenses?

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    Options

Would be interesting to see what this case is about, what causes this issue. Could it be an IP address availability issue, or license issue, or if it could be a communication issue between the devices (for example caused by some issue in the management OS GUI). Looking forward to a resolution.

• Matt10669
    Options

I'm checking my licence status. I forgot I need iCard licence for additional AP (USG1100 contains only licence for 8 APs). Thank for all your kind suggestions. I'll let you know.

• mMontana
    Options

Missing license helps to have APs issues…

• morezh
    morezh Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security
    Options

After 14 years of Zyxel and about 8 of them with USGs/ATPs/NXCs as WLAN controllers, it's obvious when exactly 8 APs are online 😉

Security Highlight