Cheap AP for IoT Devices?

Options
Username_is_reserved
Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi
I got short time ago an used NXC2500 Wireless LAN Controller for my WAC AP. Everything working beside some IoT Device (Wifi USB Switch) who have a Crappy Antenna and lose often the Wifi Connection. So I thought why not buy some Cheap used Zyxel AP who work with the NXC2500 to connect all the 2,4 Ghz Device in my Network rack?!
How about the NWA5121-NI?
Thanks

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,304  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2023
    Options

If the IoT devices support 802.11ac, it's quite tough.

If it supports WiFi5, and it's cheap, it's not maneageble.

If it's cheap and maneagable, it's not WiFi5

If it's cheap, WiFi5 and maneagable… it's not an Zyxel AP. Or it's out of support (like NWA -1123 AC v2, which is not maneagable via NXC2500 but it's cheap, Nebula capable and out of support.)

• Username_is_reserved
    Options

Sorry when I sound rude but I have no idea what you try to say?!
    Long storry short I just need 2,4Ghz its this one: https://www.delock.de/produkt/11828/merkmale.html

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 939  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi there,

Please refer to this supported model list to know the AP modelscan be managed by NXC2500. Note that NWA5123-AC, NWA5121-NI, NWA5123-NI, and NWA5301-NJ are EOL models. EOL model list is at End of life | Zyxel

To know and compare about brand-new product price, you can refer to this store or contact to the local distributor/ reseller. Related to the used Zyxel AP, you can look around at some E-commerce places.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Username_is_reserved
    Options

So thanks to every one I got from Ebay an used Accesspoint for an good Price.
    I really just need them to turn my USB Wifi think on and off. I will even reduce the power to the lowest.