XGS1210-10 reboot loop with 2x1GBit load balancing + 2.5G port used

Options

Whenever I activate any kind of load-balancing on my Synology NAS with 2x1GB (adaptive without switch support oder static link aggreagtion with switch port) and plug my PC with 2.5G NIC in any of the 2.5G ports the switch will enter an indefinite boot-loop.

If only 1G ports are used, everything works even with load balancing on the Synology. But if even only one port of the Synology with link aggreagtion is active is used the switch will immediately reboot when the PC (or any 1Gbit device) is plugged into a 2.5G port.

Happens with firmware V1.00(ABTY.6) and before. Not cool…

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 557  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @hrafnagaldr

We would like to inquire if the power adapter replacement has resolved the issue with your switch’s behavior. If there are any other concerns or issues, please do not hesitate to inform us. 

Kay 

Kay

All Replies

• hrafnagaldr
    Options

update: eben if I disable the bon on the Synology and connect only one 1Gbit port, the switch will immediately reboot if a 2.5G port is connected. When disconnecting the Synology 2.5G port is working fine…

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @hrafnagaldr

To better understand your issue, could you please provide us with more details about your PC? Specifically, we would like to know the NIC model or specification that your PC is using since we did not experience the same symptoms.

In addition, we had a similar issue with one of our other users who was using the wrong power adapter. Therefore, it would be helpful if you could confirm whether your power adapter's output is 12V DC/1.5A.

Thank you!

Kay

Kay

• hrafnagaldr
    Options

Hi Kay,

it's the RTL8125 / RTL8125B(S)(G) chipset. But this doesnt actually matter, the probem will occur when any device ist connected to the 2.5G ports while the Synology DS418 is connected to the switch.

The power supply is the boxed one rated at 12V 0.5A, which actually seems very low for a switch with SFP+ ports…..

If I disconnect the Synology the 2.5G port is working fine.

• hrafnagaldr
    Options

update: Sorry, I'm stupid. I indeed used my old switches PSU, which barely supplies 5x 1Gbit ports… but fits since it's also rated at 12V, but onyl 0.5A. Thanks for reminding me, Kay :D

Maybe the printed Netgear Logo on the old PSU would have beedn a good hint :D

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @hrafnagaldr

We would like to inquire if the power adapter replacement has resolved the issue with your switch’s behavior. If there are any other concerns or issues, please do not hesitate to inform us. 

Kay 

Kay

• hrafnagaldr
    Options

Hi Kay, yes the switch ist working fine now. Thank you